the Randall 160 watt 2x12.

This 2 x12 cabinet is the perfect compliment to the RG100SC or RG75. Contains 2 Celestion Seventy 80s and wired 4/16 Ohm mono or 8 Ohm stereo. Handles 160 watts.

questions:

1) What is stereo? if im running a 120 watt head at 8ohm stereo, what happens?
2) Would a 160 watt cab with 2 80 watt speakers be louder then 4x 40 watt speakers? how does that work?
3) this 160 watt cab can run a Bugera 6505, since it has an independence switch?
4) This 160 watt cab can run a Randall RG50TC at 50 watts at 16ohms?
5) This 160 watt can can also run a Bugera 333xl, since its 120 watts with independence switch?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Quote by Epic_chef
the Randall 160 watt 2x12.

1) What is stereo? if im running a 120 watt head at 8ohm stereo, what happens?
the left and the right speaker run in stereo (just like your cd player).
Quote by Epic_chef

2) Would a 160 watt cab with 2 80 watt speakers be louder then 4x 40 watt speakers? how does that work?
Watts and speakers is how much they can handle, watts and heads is how lout they are. speaker watts must match or surpass amp watts otherwise you risk blowing them at hgih volume.
Quote by unininium
the left and the right speaker run in stereo (just like your cd player).

what does that mean? how would it sound?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
The left and right speaker are capeable of playing differant things. you know when you listen to a cd or watch a movie at the cinemar and a sound starts at one side then moves to the other? thats stereo.

The opposite of stereo is mono where the speakers play the same sounds. if you were watching a movie the gunshot from the right would sound like it came from everywhere (movies use a more complex version of stereo so they can get front and back aswell as left and right but guitars dont do that).

EDIT: what cab are you looking at getting, I cant find a 160w 2x12 cab on the randall website.
Last edited by unininium at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by unininium
The left and right speaker are capeable of playing differant things. you know when you listen to a cd or watch a movie at the cinemar and a sound starts at one side then moves to the other? thats stereo.

The opposite of stereo is mono where the speakers play the same sounds. if you were watching a movie the gunshot from the right would sound like it came from everywhere (movies use a more complex version of stereo so they can get front and back aswell as left and right but guitars dont do that).

EDIT: what cab are you looking at getting, I cant find a 160w 2x12 cab on the randall website.

the R212NXT
Last edited by Epic_chef at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by Epic_chef

4) This 160 watt cab can run a Randall RG50TC at 50 watts at 16ohms?
independence switch?
No it will work at 4ohms - the RG50TC doesnt have a 16ohm output. I should point out that the RG50TC is a combo not a head, the RG50T is a head. A combo amp already has a speaker in it and so doesn't NEED an extention cab though it will work with one if you want it to.

I think you should do some more digging on your own so that you fully understand how this works. The celestion website has some usefull diagrams and info on ohms. 5 mins on google will get you the manual of any amp/cab you want so you can check its inputs/outputs.
3) this 160 watt cab can run a Bugera 6505, since it has an independence switch?

5) This 160 watt can can also run a Bugera 333xl, since its 120 watts with independence switch?
Last edited by Epic_chef at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by Epic_chef

5) This 160 watt can can also run a Bugera 333xl, since its 120 watts with independence switch?[
bump