hey guys,
just wrote this one when i was bored..
its in my profile..
thanks

PS: I sing bad
ok well I wont touch on the singing too much.. its not my forte either however it does need a lot of work. It sounds as if you are singing out of your nose which you will need to fix. Simple chord progression but it works nicely. I really enjoyd the solo at the end it fit really well and wasnt too overpowering which sometimes happens when putting an electric guitar over the acoustic BG.

Overall not too bad. Keep writing and singing. record yourself singing and play it back. figure out what it is you dont like and try to fix it the next time and keep doing that until you can train your ear to hear you singing properly. (i still suck at singing but i think im getting a bit better doing that)

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981801
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
Quote by Soul_Blazer
ok well I wont touch on the singing too much.. its not my forte either however it does need a lot of work. It sounds as if you are singing out of your nose which you will need to fix. Simple chord progression but it works nicely. I really enjoyd the solo at the end it fit really well and wasnt too overpowering which sometimes happens when putting an electric guitar over the acoustic BG.

Overall not too bad. Keep writing and singing. record yourself singing and play it back. figure out what it is you dont like and try to fix it the next time and keep doing that until you can train your ear to hear you singing properly. (i still suck at singing but i think im getting a bit better doing that)

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981801

thanks a lot for your crit man...
and yea i have fixed the nosey voice but it still aint good though...
It was pretty good, but i think if you did it on Acoustic next time and added a bit more rythmic strumming pattern it would far improve it.

Solo imo didnt really fit, since there was no build up to it. It was all calm then there was really fast solo guitar, and it just kinda didnt make sense. It was played well though If you started it out a bit slower then got to the fast shreddy parts, it might flow nicer

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16810495#post16810495
Quote by Tubyboulin
It was pretty good, but i think if you did it on Acoustic next time and added a bit more rythmic strumming pattern it would far improve it.

Solo imo didnt really fit, since there was no build up to it. It was all calm then there was really fast solo guitar, and it just kinda didnt make sense. It was played well though If you started it out a bit slower then got to the fast shreddy parts, it might flow nicer

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16810495#post16810495

thanx buddy
i really appreciate your comments..
i would try to do another remake to it...
ty again..
Sounds alright. The chord progression reminds me of a weezer tune or maybe a nirvanaish type thing. Lyrics are good, vox need some work. Sounds like it could be a pretty cool song when it's done. I agree about the solo though, I think because the tune is heartfelt sounding that the solo should be much more scaled down with way less notes and intensity. Keep working on it!

Check mine out? : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983138
First off, let me start by saying I liked the chord progression you used. It reminded me of Island in The Sun by Weezer. I thought that the song was just a little bit repetitive until the solo came in. You might want to use less effects, because it sort of muddied up your tone a little, the solo itself actually sounded pretty good. I also felt just a little disappointed that the song ended right after the solo. It just doesnt seem like the song should end so soon. Great job on the song and congrats on recording a vocal track, I'm awful at doing that, lol. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984182
I think the song has potential. Add a harmonica and it would be quite Bob Dylan ish. The present guitar solo might be a bit much as is but with a bit of work you could have a good song.
Some people just are not cut to be singers...
so I will crit on verything else.

The Electric guitar solo didnt seem to fit the song, I mean it feels more like a relaxing acoustic song than a rock and roll deal...
If I were to put a solo in there it would be a more melo one, (much slower and thoughful).

There's my thoughts

Crit my new tech track:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984506
I like the overall the song writing in this..The solo was nice....I didn't think your singing was that bad, a little nasally maybe? But you sound young and with a bit of time and practice you'll get better. Overall nice little tune.. Good Job.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984936
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by moody07747
Some people just are not cut to be singers...
so I will crit on verything else.

The Electric guitar solo didnt seem to fit the song, I mean it feels more like a relaxing acoustic song than a rock and roll deal...
If I were to put a solo in there it would be a more melo one, (much slower and thoughful).

There's my thoughts

Crit my new tech track:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984506

thanks man...
maybe i shouldnt try singing then :p
and yes i am working on a new guitar solo this time..

thanks

Quote by yoyo9333
I like the overall the song writing in this..The solo was nice....I didn't think your singing was that bad, a little nasally maybe? But you sound young and with a bit of time and practice you'll get better. Overall nice little tune.. Good Job.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984936

thanks a lot for your inspiration,..
yea i am nasal i guess :p
and i am 16 so that has to be young maybe
cheers!!!
hey guys,
with the help of your crits, i re-recorded this song..
i know it still isnt in the top notch but i hope it improved..
have a listen
thanks for my crit!
i think its really catchy, great chord progression and pretty solid solo. lyrics seem to be pretty good but they just need to be a little more clear. other than that great song!
I'd like a chocolate shake.. with a whiskey chaser
^^ but i listened to your songs
and but you have everything
thanks for the crit tho
It's pretty good. I'm not the best singer but a helpful tip I've been given is to sing from the diaphragm rather than your head. So like, draw the air from more towards your stomach area rather than the back of your throat (your head voice), if that makes any sense. Can't offer much help other than that.
Pretty good
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Alright, sorry I'm late on my return crit, but I don't get on much during the weekend...

I think the singing is an obvious weakness, but I'm not sure it has to be. It seems you've told yourself you can't sing so you don't really try. Well, TRY! But some testicles into it and really try. I think you'll find in time you can do just fine.

Chord progression and melody are basic, but effective. Soloing is rather good, I think. Some bass and drums in there and I think you have something decent. Just put some energy and emotion into it.
    Sbikram, first off, thanks so much for the kind comments on my song. I really appreciate it.

I took a listen to your song and really really liked your guitar playing. Both the rhythm and the lead were played really smooth and well. And, I know you'll just keep getting better and better at that part so that's nothing to worry about.

As far as some of the people commenting on the electric solo at the end of the song I think an easy fix would be to just lengthen the song and call the end the bridge. Play it just like you have it, kick into that solo, and then come out of it and add either another verse and chorus or just go right back into the chorus and then out. I think the song has some great potential and it's so short that if you added another verse or chorus it still wouldn't be overly long.

And, lastly, the voice. I think you're doing better than you think. My advice first off would be to back off the mike a bit and give yourself some air. Second, the two things I did to at least get to a point were I could stand my own voice (and, I know I'm not some great singer but I am now able to record and listen to myself without hanging my head in shame). First off, I stopped listening to all types of singers I wanted to be like and focused on a few who had the same tonal qualities of my own natural voice. That way, you can at least find someone who you already sound like and emulate them. Second, and this is a weird mental thing I think you have to tell yourself if you are going to sing, is that, when you sing, that you are the BEST singer in the world. If you even half believe that in your heart as you sing it will come through in your voice.

I mean, look at some of my favorite singers in history and they wouldn't make it past the first audition on American Idol....Bob Dylan, Johnny Rotten, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Delonge....none of them have a really GREAT sining voice. But, they all do a great job. A friend of mine constantly rags me about liking some of these singers and I point out that, on paper, each one of them technically has a million dollar voice, meaning they made a great living singing just like that.

But, what I am most impressed about you is that, even though you admit you don't sing well, is that you still DO it. Just keeping on trying to do something and trying to get better at it says a TON about what kind of person you are and I am very very impressed by that.

So, keep up the GREAT work!

Best,
    Sean
    www.seantiffany.com
    Alright, sorry I'm late on my return crit, but I don't get on much during the weekend...

I think the singing is an obvious weakness, but I'm not sure it has to be. It seems you've told yourself you can't sing so you don't really try. Well, TRY! But some testicles into it and really try. I think you'll find in time you can do just fine.

Chord progression and melody are basic, but effective. Soloing is rather good, I think. Some bass and drums in there and I think you have something decent. Just put some energy and emotion into it.

thanks a lot. sure thing, i am gonna try n sing thanks again..

Sbikram, first off, thanks so much for the kind comments on my song. I really appreciate it.

I took a listen to your song and really really liked your guitar playing. Both the rhythm and the lead were played really smooth and well. And, I know you'll just keep getting better and better at that part so that's nothing to worry about.

As far as some of the people commenting on the electric solo at the end of the song I think an easy fix would be to just lengthen the song and call the end the bridge. Play it just like you have it, kick into that solo, and then come out of it and add either another verse and chorus or just go right back into the chorus and then out. I think the song has some great potential and it's so short that if you added another verse or chorus it still wouldn't be overly long.

And, lastly, the voice. I think you're doing better than you think. My advice first off would be to back off the mike a bit and give yourself some air. Second, the two things I did to at least get to a point were I could stand my own voice (and, I know I'm not some great singer but I am now able to record and listen to myself without hanging my head in shame). First off, I stopped listening to all types of singers I wanted to be like and focused on a few who had the same tonal qualities of my own natural voice. That way, you can at least find someone who you already sound like and emulate them. Second, and this is a weird mental thing I think you have to tell yourself if you are going to sing, is that, when you sing, that you are the BEST singer in the world. If you even half believe that in your heart as you sing it will come through in your voice.

I mean, look at some of my favorite singers in history and they wouldn't make it past the first audition on American Idol....Bob Dylan, Johnny Rotten, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Delonge....none of them have a really GREAT sining voice. But, they all do a great job. A friend of mine constantly rags me about liking some of these singers and I point out that, on paper, each one of them technically has a million dollar voice, meaning they made a great living singing just like that.

But, what I am most impressed about you is that, even though you admit you don't sing well, is that you still DO it. Just keeping on trying to do something and trying to get better at it says a TON about what kind of person you are and I am very very impressed by that.

So, keep up the GREAT work!

Best,
    Sean
    www.seantiffany.com

thanks a lot sean, that really helped me. i am definately gonna have some singing lessons as well...
    this reminds me of the only ones!

not really my thing but sounds alright.

really enjoyed the solo at the end. nice playing!

im not really a singer so i cant really give advice but its not the worse that ive heard.

keep them comin m8.
    Little too simple for my taste. Its pretty catchy. The vocals are lame, but i think the lyric writing is pretty solid, i mean the rythems and what not. with a good singer im sure the vocals would be good (obviously...). But i think with another guitar in there playing a little melody, maybe a change in mood/tempo.
    Its a good start, but develop on it. What more can you add? just keep asking yourself that, but dont ask yourself that too much, or it will sound like shit.

C4C Please?
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997028