Poll Options
View poll results: ANWL?
Yeah! Blinding!
12 41%
Meh!
3 10%
Don't like!
7 24%
I liek real punk like Paramore and Sonic Bom Shit!
7 24%
Voters: 29.
Hai guise.

Decided to blast some ANWL for the fun of it, I'd forgotten how great they were.

Haven't listened to them for about 12 months.
Quote by szekelymihai
sorry, but your post doesnt have a point, and youll soon be facing some flaming,(i guess so)

he won´t be flamed, since he is Mr Skull****, remind his name S-K-U-L-L-F-U-C-K!

I´m not so into Anti Nowhere League, I just can remember Pig Iron and Woman and some video I´ve seen recently, so.......I think meh!
Quote by szekelymihai
sorry, but your post doesnt have a point, and youll soon be facing some flaming,(i guess so)
Epic Fail.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Up the paramore punx

but srsly: eeh what iv heard is only allright
what should i listen to thats good

preferably with links cause lazy
I enjoy them. Ive only heard Scum and We Are The League. Some filler shit, but for the most part its good. I actually haven't listened to them in awhile, just put on "Long Live Punk". Its nice
myspace.com/barcodeyouth
because a band is a right wing leaning does not mean they suck.
i'm not too big of a fan but its not because of their beliefs
Quote by sargasm
**** that band.

Right wing assholes.

Dismissing a band solely because of their political viewpoint is really stupid. And how are they right wing?
They were throwing up nazi salutes when I saw them.

Did I mention their music is also terrible?
I think dismissing bands because of their political views is intelligent. "**** Nazi Sympathy"
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by DanRev
Dismissing a band solely because of their political viewpoint is really stupid. And how are they right wing?

No, it's not. It's part of the band.

Jack my swag
Quote by sargasm

Wow, that makes me alot less enthusiastic about listening to them.
Quote by sargasm

pfft... who hasnt?
Anti-Nowhere League ****ing rule

some damn good, let's drink a 12 pack Punk Rock right there

and waaa waa waaa they threw up nazi shit, obviously they were just doing that to piss people off, and obviously, IT WORKED.

I mean, it's the Anti-Nowhere League.....

are they supposed to be showing good morals???

and they're not right wing, if anything, they're just ****ing stupid assholes havin a blast.

which is cool with me
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I don't think assholes are cool, especially ones who make bad music.
Quote by sargasm
I don't think assholes are cool, especially ones who make bad music.

Why go see them then?
I certainly didn't expect such a mix of opinions.

Of course, if the ANWL were REALLY Nazis, they wouldn't have PJ drumming for them.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I certainly didn't expect such a mix of opinions.

Of course, if the ANWL were REALLY Nazis, they wouldn't have PJ drumming for them.

yeah for real, the ANTL are just a ****ing fun lovin' band about gettin wasted n shit

People shouldn't take it so seriously, it's F*cking Punk Rock for Christs sake.

it's not like anyone is gonna give a sh*t or listen to your opinion anyway.
Quote by Mav-16
it's not like anyone is gonna give a sh*t or listen to your opinion anyway.

This is a discussion board. It's purpose is to give your opinion on things. If you don't like that you don't have to post here.
Quote by original=punk
Lol, metallica covered So What.

On the subject of that, Metallica made them a sh*tload of money.

Animal sends his children to a posh grammar school!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
On the subject of that, Metallica made them a sh*tload of money.

Animal sends his children to a posh grammar school!

hell yeah they did...

Metallica had a "Cunning Stunts" tour, or something like that. Where they did crazy explosions and fire works, and had all sorts of crazy light effects and James Hetfield was set on fire and sh!t.

So yeah Animal sang So What for the entire tour, they did it as there opening number I suppose.

It's on the DVD too.
Having listened a couple more times, the ANWL have about 8 good songs, and that's about it.

But most bands don't have 8 good songs.
They ARE f*cking good live, but they do a lot of covers, like 'Runaway' (the Del Shannon song) and 'F*ck around the Clock'.
I saw them support NOFX the other night and they were really really bad. I don't mind them on record, but a combination of a really thin guitar tone and the singer's ridiculous growl (even when speaking) was just embarrassing. They were Sham 69 bad!
Anti-Nowhere League are brilliant. One of my top bands to go and see live

I went to a NOFX gig in Bristol last week and thought ANWL were much better (they supported), they should have been headlining to be honest lol :P. Much prefer the classic punk bands from 70-80's.

To those saying ANWL are right wing nazi's and whatnot, you guys fail to understand what that is about, it's called shock. The same way that sid vicious would wear swastica's... they were never nazi's, it's about shocking people. That's part of what punk is about.

There's many interviews with Animal, he states he doesn't give a damn about politics in relation to the bands view.

PS; @crackedmachine
After their set, Shady (bassist) was saying out the back that the sound wasn't set up too good while they were on. I still thought they good as ever though, my first time seeing NOFX, and i thought ANWL blew them away with support lol.
Last edited by RickyThomson at Jun 17, 2012,
People generally are so quick to become offended, whether they know why or not. It's just sone gut reaction. Anyway ANL are awesome, I really dig their tunes.