Okay, so my school is holding a Battle Of The Bands competition, which I organized so my band could get some publicity and win ... however, we are no longer a band. And all the other bands, except the worst band in the school, have dropped out... so, me and the best musicians in the school were just thinking of making a band together and kicking those mother****er's ass back to hell as they do not deserve to win! am i jerk for even thinking of doing this?

here is the band that suck btw: http://www.bebo.com/fits-the

tell me what you think of them
Wow they suck balls.
Uhh, beat them? Just don't be arrogant about it.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

No?

And insomniac, your avatar brought back memories from my childhood!

Zero ftw!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Not really, if you make a band and want to enter, it's your choice. If they suck it's not your problem if you're better than them
RULE BRITANNIA
Go for it.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by shakin'cakes
Wow they suck balls.

lol too right

they do not deserve to represent school and play at glastonbury (if u dont know, big england festival)
as long as it's in the name of fun: no, you are not being a jerk, just competitive!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by insomniac_style
yarr!!!! hehe

TS - you probably will win, just dont be a **** about it

i wont be a dick about it, its just the fact they dont deserve to win! and i just watchd their video of song2 and i do actually like tht lol, but i dont like their other songs especially blitzkrieg bop
nope, you put your work into it it, you should want to get the result, but the problem is setting up the BOTB the bands just to win, i have done the same but i have given all the other bands a fair shot with the points system, and the fact my band is not on last, which i could have done
yarr!!!! hehe

Megaman X series ftw.

Also, TS, it wouldn't make you a jerk, but it seems kind of unnecessary to form a band for the sole purpose of beating a band that sucks. If they're the only band participating, then they can't win anyways because there's no battle involved.
i love how they have a poll of fan's favourite songs..."(when we release them)"
yea, just beat them xD You're no jerk...
But, don't be dissapointed if you lose. It's not always the best musicians that win.
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by Base Ics
yea, just beat them xD You're no jerk...
But, don't be dissapointed if you lose. It's not always the best musicians that win.

In which case I'll definately lol
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Symmetry4321
nope, you put your work into it it, you should want to get the result, but the problem is setting up the BOTB the bands just to win, i have done the same but i have given all the other bands a fair shot with the points system, and the fact my band is not on last, which i could have done

well, everyone had a fair chance, the teachers were judging. but the reason i organizd it all is so we cud particpate, get publicity, get a video of us all live for our site, then we would have most likely won and then gone to play at the john peel stage at glastonbury
nah, its a competition .. competitions are there to be won by the best.

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

if thats the only way you can win is by organizing it and making your band win then you are ultimately the loser
Do it. And when you beat them, leave a steamy pile of shit on both of there guitars. Don't do it because it would be cool. Don't do it for the self satisfaction. Do it for me.
Quote by Guitar Skater
if thats the only way you can win is by organizing it and making your band win then you are ultimately the loser

when did i say i would make my band win? it was all fair, the teachers of the school are judging, not me!
Do it it'd be hilarious, but play with cheap guitars and just smash them up at the end.

Make sure you play a cover of either I Cum Blood or Never Gonna Give You Up

/Pit Response
hell noo
if they suck they shouldnt be the only ones at a battle of the bands
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
You sound like a prick that can't really play for shit, but thinks he's good because all the other people are shittier than him.
So it's a battle of the bands competition with only two bands competing?
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

if you're doing it just to smite them then yes, but just play to have fun maybe?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by toton1989
So it's a battle of the bands competition with only two bands competing?

oh yeah lol
No, your not a jerk at all for that. After being ear raped by that god forsaken sound on their page, I encourage you to beat them with all you got at Battle of the Bands. I would wish you luck, but I really doubt you will need it.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by shakin'cakes
Wow they suck balls.

This, this and this.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Yes. You're a total asshole. No-one will ever love you.

Go ahead and do it, it's not like it's against the rules.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by spacecow123
Are those guys even serious?!

believe it or not, they are probably the most serious band in the whole school lol ... and they make me cry with the vocals and bass ... guitar isnt half bad but its just power chords and no solos so its not exactly difficult ... and they've all taken music for gsce with me
you're not a jerk. i say do it!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.