I'm looking to go a step up from the Marshall MG30DFX because I really don't like the sound of it anymore lol. I need something to record, gig and practice with and it should be able to handle pretty much any style of music. So far I've come up with this extremely short list: Peavey bandit 112
Marshall 50 DFX or 100 DFX

My price range is 100-around 200£ (give or take maybe 50)

So basically I was just wondering what do you guys think of the list, your experiences with these amps and just any tips in general in buying a new amp.

I play an Ibanez RG370DX and some budget Ibanez through the Korg AX3000G and I've used the Marshall for 6 years.
why buy another MG if ye don't like it's sound?
AND NO WAY...IF YOU BUY ANOTHER MG I COME AND KICK UR BUTT!
buy something tube...like a peavey VK.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
you dont like the mg30 so you might get the louder 50 or 100w versions?
check ebay or local papers, i had the chance of a jcm800 for £250 a few weeks ago, didnt bother though as i couldnt be @rsed to go pick it up
Quote by Kozlic
why buy another MG if ye don't like it's sound?
AND NO WAY...IF YOU BUY ANOTHER MG I COME AND KICK UR BUTT!
buy something tube...like a peavey VK.

Yea it's like a last choice thing (the MG's). Oh btw what is the difference between tubes and valves? don't they both need to get replaced every so often?
Quote by Renfordoggz
Yea it's like a last choice thing (the MG's). Oh btw what is the difference between tubes and valves? don't they both need to get replaced every so often?

Tube is American English and valve is British English as far as I know. Anyhow, it's exactly the same thing.
UK+cheap amp= laney.
maybe you should go tube. i suggest the laney vc series, or maybe a used orange tiny terror, both can do quite a lot of genres and are good for recording, giging and prac
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
Quote by Renfordoggz

Tubes and Valves are the same thing and replacing them depends on how hard you push them and how often but lets say every 1-2 years leaning towards the 2 side.