What does it mean when, for example,

Tickets for a gig go on sale on thursday but the presales for the tickets are on wednesday

How do i buy the presale tickets? do i need to be part of the bands official fanclub?

thanks guys
usually its through a fan club or something like that.

it sucks sometimes, because they usually get access to the best tickets.

i bought tickets for Weezer, and it was in an ampitheater, so it was all seating, and not general admission. well, the damn presale sold all of the lower section tickets, so i was forced to buy tickets in the upper section. they werent terribly bad seats, but it still made me mad that they sold all of the best tickets during the presale.
Quote by daytripper75
usually its through a fan club or something like that.

it sucks sometimes, because they usually get access to the best tickets.

i bought tickets for Weezer, and it was in an ampitheater, so it was all seating, and not general admission. well, the damn presale sold all of the lower section tickets, so i was forced to buy tickets in the upper section. they werent terribly bad seats, but it still made me mad that they sold all of the best tickets during the presale.

I think you're a member of the wrong weezer fan club haha.
alot of the time radio stations get a bunch of presale tickets too to give away, but generally being in the fanclub always has its benefits. I got presale tickets to go see Metallica in December and got way good seats at a cheaper price cause I'm in the club.
Usually it means there's a few tickets that go on sale through a different organisation (like a radio station or a fan club) before the majority go to the general public.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by daytripper75
well if i was a member of the real one, i could have had awesome seats. oh well.

Haha ya that's what I was getting at.
I've just been offered Metallica and Machinehead ticket presale as I apparently subscribe to the MEN Arena newsletter via Ticketmaster.

/doesn't pay much attention to TM emails
/also, not interested in the gig
^yes.

all of the tickets are not part of the presale. its usually just a small portion of them.