A student of mine got a new guitar that needed set up a little bit. I lowered the action, set the intonnation, and retuned, as well as cleaning and stretching the strings out. I was thinking of charging like $15. Do you think that is too steep or not enough? I know if I were to send him to a shop they would have charged at least $20 for it probably. let me know.
i've been charged $70 for a setup.
and they nicked my neck. assholes
anyways, considering its your student, your already making money off of him, so anywhere between free and $20 should be fine. i'd go between $10 and $15, depending on how much you charge for lessons. maybe $20.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
if i were you, i would just do it for free. i mean, he's already paying for the lessons (well i'm guessing). but it's really up to you.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Hultan
A student of yours? What are you, a teacher? I checked your profile and it says you're born 1991.

LOL HAHA

Give the kid the benefit of the doubt...

No more than 20 but if he is loyal to you than free. It will bring you more customers/students at the end of it.
Just give him it for free; it's not like a good setup is like building the guitar all over again. Just say to him "I'll give you a nice setup for free, considering if you got one at a shop its $100"

He'll like you more. And there's nothing worse than teaching someone you don't like.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I agree with the free if he's already paying for lessons, but if you must charge $15 is reasonable.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
So you took the guitar and set it up without agreeing on a price first?
Suck it up, you made a mistake.
i'd say 15 to 20. Set ups with me usually cost like 40 bucks. It's possible for someone his age to be giving lessons. i was born in 90 and i give them.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!