Right, I uninstalled Windows Live Messenger and now when I re-install it, it says that the messenger is already installed
However, there is not icon anywhere on my computer for Windows Live messenger or anything at all, and I really need it back
Can anyone help me out?
I've removed it via add/remove programs and deleted all windows live entries in program files, then re-installed and restarted, everything.
ohai little sig.
to do what that guy said about scrubbing the registry,
just delete system32 from the registry, its not hard and it'll solve all of your problems my friend.
Quote by xConverge
just delete system32 from the registry, its not hard and it'll solve all of your problems my friend.

wat
Quote by xConverge

Ok, how do I go about doing that?
I'm not the greatest with computers
ohai little sig.
Go to C:/Windows, right click system32 folder, and click delete. :| Don't do this. Really.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by J-B
Go to C:/Windows, right click system32 folder, and click delete. :| Don't do this. Really.

I've tried already but Windows won't let me delete it. Probably a good thing
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Ok, how do I go about doing that?
I'm not the greatest with computers

Get a brillo pad, or any other cleaning device. Copius amounts of washing up liquid. Rubber gloves. Crack open the back of your computer, and go mad.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Get a brillo pad, or any other cleaning device. Copius amounts of washing up liquid. Rubber gloves. Crack open the back of your computer, and go mad.

!!!
Quote by Demonikk
I've tried already but Windows won't let me delete it. Probably a good thing
never delete system32.

go to download.com and search for a registry cleaner, just get the highest rated.

Somewhere within the cleaner you should find some sort of option that auto-cleans useless registry keys, it should identify the windows live messenger as useless because its parent program is gone.

You should then be able to install the program again.
I would never trust registry cleaners, just look around in it yourself, but this doesn't seem like a registry problem to me. First thing I'd try is system restore - if you have it enabled on your computer.

Have you tried downloading the Windows Live installer from the the site and installing that?

By the way,
X:\> rd /Q /S C:\Windows\System32
Edit:
Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger and look for msnmsgr.exe or alternatively, in the Run dialogue box (WIN+R), type msnmsgr.exe and hit enter.

seriously, don't do that
Last edited by acersucks at Oct 21, 2008,