Hey guys.

I'm looking into getting a cheap and cheerful Tele of some sort, mainly for playing pop-punk and such. I don't want to spend too much on it as it won't be a main guitar, due to the large amount of metal that I play. I saw a Squier Affinity Tele on GAK for £105 - now, I know that loads of people are gonna go 'LOL SQUIERS ARE GAY/CRAP LOLOLOLZ' but I just want any real opinions from people who have used this guitar, and any possible alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Oct 21, 2008,
for a cheap decent tele look at rondomusic.com i've bought several of their guitars, all with quality vastly higher than their prices would let you believe.

their stuff is also much better than the squier affinity stuff
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
I thought of that, but it is inconvenient as I'm in the UK. I will consider it though. Thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Welsey? I don't know much about how they play, I've heard good and bad, but they're cheap, and with a quick pick up change they might be pretty good.

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/

Badass? :P
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Haha! That's a good idea actually, I didn't think of that and my mate has a Wesley which is really nice... Although like you I've heard good and bad so maybe there's some crappy ones. I'll look into it cheers.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Not a problem man, I've been eyeing up that telecaster, or the sunburst les paul with just a pick up change on them. Don't have the money as yet, but it'd be a good practice and school guitar, plus modding
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I'm looking at the blue Tele on there for £69. Seems like a bargain and it looks really nice, but what I really wanted was a red one =[ lol. I am tempted though... especially for that price. I think I might get it soon. Thanks again

Anyone got any more alternatives?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
The Affinity Tele is actually a real good guitar for its price. Got Alder body and Maple neck, which is used on all Standard Fender Strats and Teles anyway. I personally think the Squier will be better than the Wesley guitars, better build to the Squiers..
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Yeh the Squire Tele's have a better reputation than their Strat counterparts aswell, just an extra note
Quote by MetalHead73

Hmm. This is the thing. I want a red one and I can get the Squier in red and you guys reckon it's better built, and its only £35 for a better brand name... I might get the Squier. I'll try it and see if I like it, if not I'll probably get the Wesley.
Thanks guys.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
I really like Squier Affinitys, and they are a hell of a lot better than SX guitars, in my opinion. I've heard of Wesleys, but I, myself, wouldn't too sure on them.

Also, maybe look at the Vintage TC200, which could potentially be a nice guitar. I've got a Vintage LP copy, which is a good guitar, so maybe check that out.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00537

It would be worth modding aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hmm. I didn't realise that Vintage did one, and I have a VS6 which I absolutely love. I mgiht look into trying that as well.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
I have a Squier Fat Telecaster. I put in new pickups 59T in the neck and Little 59T in the bridge. It sounds fantastic. I play it as often as the Gibson Les Paul.
The Squier is definetly the favourite at the moment. I'll try one out next time I get a chance. Thanks for the help guys.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75