Sennheiser e906 is the best mic I've ever tried. I use it for everything guitar-related.
Royer R121 is an incredibly famous guitar amp mic for recording.

The Neumann U47 and U87 are both classics.

If you want well known cheaper mics check out the AKG C1000s (good for acoustics guitar, drum overheads, even decent for vocals). You can check out "Slot Car Girl" on my profile. I used an AKG C1000 to do my acoustic guitar and I think even my vocals but I can't remember, it was 2 years ago now.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Cuddrow
Sennheiser e906 is the best mic I've ever tried. I use it for everything guitar-related.

I agree for electric guitar. This mic is KILLER! Especially for live purposes. It captures a lot of the higher end clarity the SM 57 doesn't capture.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Just going through popular names, i suppose number one with a bullet is the Shure Sm57, followed by the 58.
AKG have a good rep, stuff like the C414 and the C1000b are a couple of mics ive used over time.
AudioTechnica are another one known for their nice sounding condensors that dont destroy your bank, stuff like the 4050 and 4030

Well known drum mic is the AKG D112..

These were the first things to pop into head, so probably fairly popular , hope they help
The RE20 is also a go-to mic for kick drum. And there is also the D112 and the D12 from AKG.

SM7 for vocals... used on lead vox on Michael Jackson's Thriller album.

Neumann U87/U47 - magic on damned near anything.

Neumann TLM103 - a 'budget' mic for pros.

Sennheiser 421 - toms, guitars. Also the 609's for toms and guitars.

So many.... Royer R121 ribbons.... Earthworks QTC1 small-diaphragm condensors.... Oktava overheads.... Crown/Radio Shack PZM boundary mics...

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.