Page 1 of 2
Hello all,

I checked my bank account today and realised I have no money. I thought this was odd considerring that I had a good 80 quid in there the day before and no payments went out.

I checked my account online and it said I did a transaction in Tesco for 75 quid qith 20 quid cashback. Thing is, I didn't leave the house yesterday and I have witnesses to this laziness. Either way, I'm going to contact my bank and ask about this monstosity and possibly burn the tesco store in question down. Thing is, how do you prove you didn't do something? I'm so baffled by this.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Record yourself at home, and not just in the bedroom.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Hello all,

I checked my bank account today and realised I have no money. I thought this was odd considerring that I had a good 80 quid in there the day before and no payments went out.

I checked my account online and it said I did a transaction in Tesco for 75 quid qith 20 quid cashback. Thing is, I didn't leave the house yesterday and I have witnesses to this laziness. Either way, I'm going to contact my bank and ask about this monstosity and possibly burn the tesco store in question down. Thing is, how do you prove you didn't do something? I'm so baffled by this.

There's your problem.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Jonn0
Record yourself at home, and not just in the bedroom.

It's a plan, and a plan I like, however, time travel isn't possible in the land in which I dwell.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Go to your bank, you fool. Find out how the payment was carried out, particularly whether it was authorised through chip & pin or someone signing it. It sounds like someone's swiped your details.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
yeah, Tescos ripped you off. not the person using your money.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
This has happened to a couple of people I know. If they read your card details then there's a number of ways of using that to pay for stuff even without your PIN.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Well credit card machines at shops are not a government thing. You can buy em off the internet and there are alot of companies. You could easily buy 1 and put it in a shop and it will record all credit card transfers.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Have you been to Tesco in the last couple of days? Cos sometimes it isnt an immediate transaction from your bank to them... or someone just stole your card details. Either way....
Drunken online shopping? Been there...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Tesco didn't rip you off, some shit got a hold of your details and ripped you off.

Start a fraud claim with your bank.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
It's a plan, and a plan I like, however, time travel isn't possible in the land in which I dwell.

Well then make a start, and you won't have this problem in the future. (By the way, try just recording yourself and pretending it was yesterday, bound to work!)

Oh, and PM me for time travelling equipment, I'll hook you up good.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Spend cashback on fireworks to set off inside your nearest tesco.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freedoms_stain
Tesco didn't rip you off, some shit got a hold of your details and ripped you off.

Start a fraud claim with your bank.

+1

Plus, you'll be able to prove you weren't in Tesco thanks to their CCTV. They have cameras that monitor every till and security can even monitor the current transactions and items being scanned as they happened on the screen. (They showed this to us when I had my induction for xmas temp work there)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
Hello all,

ONLINE. There's your problem.

You've been hacked and some lazy heroin addict has gone to Tescos courtesy of your credit card and bought polystyrene cups, spoons and condoms.
OK just to asnwer a few questions there.

If someone got my account details, all they can find is my name and my branch. Account number and sort code won't get anyone very far.

The last time I went to Tesco, I paid in cash and it was a while before this transaction happened. Even then, I only spent £20.

I would love to use the £20 cashback to buy fireworks and set them off inside the Smethwick store, however I didn't get the cashback, thus the problem.

It definately wasn't online as I haven't used it or been drunk in quite a long time now.

I will do a fraud claim, I will destroy Tesco and I will find the man who did this. When I do, he will be subject the the old forgotten rape room of the pit and left to those who dwell in the FOTB's tender loving.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Hypnotisation
ONLINE. There's your problem.

You've been hacked and some lazy heroin addict has gone to Tescos courtesy of your credit card and bought polystyrene cups, spoons and condoms.

Right because hacking an online bank account is the easiest way to get a hold of someone's details.
If someone got my account details, all they can find is my name and my branch. Account number and sort code won't get anyone very far.

If they read your card, maybe by having a device inside a cashpoint or even a shop assistant using a dodgy card reader, they can get the card number and security details to make unauthorised payments.

They didn't do the transaction online though, you said they got cashback so it must have been in a store.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by neopowell
If they read your card, maybe by having a device inside a cashpoint or even a shop assistant using a dodgy card reader, they can get the card number and security details to make unauthorised payments.

They didn't do the transaction online though, you said they got cashback so it must have been in a store.

Yes, it was made at the store down the road from me. I just can't prove i wasn't there. It's a tricky one.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe

The last time I went to Tesco, I paid in cash and it was a while before this transaction happened. Even then, I only spent £20.

I would love to use the £20 cashback to buy fireworks and set them off inside the Smethwick store, however I didn't get the cashback, thus the problem.

It definately wasn't online as I haven't used it or been drunk in quite a long time now.

I will do a fraud claim, I will destroy Tesco and I will find the man who did this. When I do, he will be subject the the old forgotten rape room of the pit and left to those who dwell in the FOTB's tender loving.

Yes because destroying Tesco is the answer to your problems. Chances are, the card was copying in some dodgy little shop, not a large supermarket with surveillance. Customers stick their card straight into the chip and pin machine, the cashier is advised not to handle the card. So Tesco is completely oblivious.
Quote by Renka

Quote by daniel.mycoe
Yes, it was made at the store down the road from me. I just can't prove i wasn't there. It's a tricky one.

Get onto your bank and find out how the payment was made.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by OddOneOut

Yes because destroying Tesco is the answer to your problems. Chances are, the card was copying in some dodgy little shop, not a large supermarket with surveillance. Customers stick their card straight into the chip and pin machine, the cashier is advised not to handle the card. So Tesco is completely oblivious.

It was you wasn't it.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
It was you wasn't it.

*Creeps away quietly while nobody's looking.*

The perfect crime...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by daniel.mycoe

that's what jeremy clarkson thought. he was writing about how the gov't losing people's bank details was nothing to worry about as all you can do with an account number and name is deposit money.

he published his account number and sort code in the paper to back this up.

a few days later mr clarkson had set up a direct debit payment scheme to a charity that he'd never heard of.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Sort code and account number are all you need for direct debits, and it's more than possible to set up DDs for muchos money.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by daniel.mycoe
It was you wasn't it.

>.>

<.<
Well you're skint now, so its not like I can take more money out of your account
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
>.>

<.<
Well you're skint now, so its not like I can take more money out of your account

I know what you Essex lot are like...

Anyway, there was money until you spent it at Tesco.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

tesco sucks.

end of.

they try to take over the world.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Alix_D
Tesco haven't ripped you off.

It's the farmers they've ripped off...

/tr00 punx agenda

So I am to blame the farmers in this case. It all makes sense, they're all so angry at me for leaving Penistone.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
So I am to blame the farmers in this case. It all makes sense, they're all so angry at me for leaving Penistone.

Glad you're catching on.

They charged you 'muppet surcharge' for living in Birmingham
Quote by Alix_D
Glad you're catching on.

They charged you 'muppet surcharge' for living in Birmingham

I can't deny how correct and just you are in that comment.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
I can't deny how correct and just you are in that comment.

Oh.

I wanted an argument, but I guess you have a hard job finding any reedeeming features
Page 1 of 2