Ok i have two questions. Im a guitarist of a death metal band and i was wondering, for our first album how many songs would be good? it takes me a while to make a full song so i thought 5 or 6 songs wouldnt be bad for a first album.

Also, would anybody get pissed if all the songs were 2-3 maybe 4 minutes long?
dude? 6x3minutes is 18 minutes. that's not even an album. that would be an EP.
this is probably the wrong forum too btw.
Quote by wcjfac777
Ok i have two questions. Im a guitarist of a death metal band and i was wondering, for our first album how many songs would be good? it takes me a while to make a full song so i thought 5 or 6 songs wouldnt be bad for a first album.

I think 6 - 8 songs are good. Tool has 12 minute songs and no one complains.
I quite like shorter songs as opposed to 40 minute progressive symphonies.

I think 8 songs for an album should cover your back quite well tbh.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Quote by wcjfac777

It's your music and your album, no offense, but who cares what we think ??

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but seriously, if you're ready to make a professional album, you should be experienced enough to be able to answer those questions yourself. if it's not professional, like you and your buddies just messing around..... then it doesn't really matter anyway. Put something together that makes sense to you, and learn from that experience.
shred is gaudy music