I was at a local pawnshop, and they had the two basses listed above for a reasonable price. I am considaring ordering a Squier VMJ, but these two caught my eye.

I played the Cort first, it has a VERY small body, but the pickup is decent.

The Washburn really caught my eye though, and it feels great to play. Perfectly balanced, and it's neck through. The pickups are suprisingly thick for J style, and it has two voluome and two tone...very cool.

Does anyone have any experience with either? The Cort was priced more than a new Squier VMJ would be, so that's out, since it's not as high quality as the Washburn, but the Washburn is still interesting...
I really like that curbow in fact its the only cort i actually like. I've never played a washburn but they seem good and specs seem decent. It seems like you like the wasburn alot so, go with te one you like most.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I have palyed the Squier VM, and I do like it, but I would have to order one in.

The Washburn has a nice fat tone, the Cort is OK, but I find the body a little small (I am NOT a small guy!), and the ebanol fretboard doens't do a lot for me.

I think I will go with either the Squier or the Washburn, I just need to get the whole "you can't play a Squier onstage" idea out of my head so I can make a rational decision.

Also, the neck through design of the Washburn, and the heft of it are going to influence me...I LOVE neck through instruments!
i just bought a washburn 5 string xb125 n its awesome if all washburns are the same get the washburn!!!!!1
Washburn is an underrated brand, like Marshall is. not near as underrated, but I would take it. you obviously like it, you know it's fine quality, why not? if you wanna be sure, go play a VM J though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I played the Washbutn T24 again, but heres the thing. Musiciansfirned priced them new at $450, plus probably around $50 duty I am assuming. the pawn shop wants $400 for the bass, but its been there at least a month. I am going to give it a bit of thought, and go in with a printout of the musiciansfriend page, and see if I can get it down to $300.

I love the sound, and I am absolutely in love with the neck through. Call me petty, but I find ALL bolt on necks cheap. I cannot see how a guitar or bass past the $800 mark would ever have a bolt on neck. I respect Leo Fender for everything he did, but his not embracing the set or neck through technology reaelly set a bad precedent for instruments.
Quote by Anjohl
I love the sound, and I am absolutely in love with the neck through. Call me petty, but I find ALL bolt on necks cheap. I cannot see how a guitar or bass past the $800 mark would ever have a bolt on neck. I respect Leo Fender for everything he did, but his not embracing the set or neck through technology reaelly set a bad precedent for instruments.

I must ask, what bolt on's have you played?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
get the Washburn dude, you won't regret it
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab