today i tried to take some quick shots and edit them to see how they'd come out. i don't think my music will get anywhere so i won't hire a photographer or anything, but i like how they came out kinda.

check them out, they are the 4 photos http://www.myspace.com/jakeskubisz

let me know what you think.

what do you guys do for band pics?
fck.
I have an OK camera and took pictures with that. Nowadays you can photoshop anything to look great.
yeah thats true. raising the contrast in a shitty picture can make it beautiful.

although don't underestimate talent in photography... composition and ideas are often overlooked. and also, with this technology, you can do some amazing things.
fck.
Quote by mexiSt
yeah thats true. raising the contrast in a shitty picture can make it beautiful.

although don't underestimate talent in photography... composition and ideas are often overlooked. and also, with this technology, you can do some amazing things.

Yes I agree.. composition is where it's all at. I can't view your photos cuz my 1d107 Admin blocked myspace.
Who cares about the photos...you're music is great!
thanks!

the photos are always nice to browse when listening though
fck.
Quote by mexiSt

Exactly. A good photographer can take a great photo with amateur equipment and have it look interesting. Even with expensive gear, a beginner photographer just makes really high-quality photos that are just as boring as the next person's.

It's the difference between a pro recording studio and some schmuck who just downloaded a Sonar crack to use with his Soundblaster card. Even if they swapped tools, a pro engineer will be able to make a better recording with a couple of SM57's and a trial copy of Reaper and a soundblaster card than that same amateur could with a fistful of U87's and a Neve console.

The tools are important, to be sure, but the knowledge and skill is what sets the two apart.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.