http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=HTqIAzTf7j4

okay so the gyst of what this show is about is that the host (Harald Schmitt, a Letterman ripoff) said on a previouse episode that all metal sounds the same. A viewer of his then sent him an email explaining the differences between the different genres of metal with listening samples. You dont really need to understand what hes saying to get the message, and I think its hilarious as hell.
Jay Lenno has a really big chin, just though I'd let you know
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
haha that was pretty cool. i've taken three years of german, but i could only catch a little of what they were saying.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Eric 666
There were some pretty bad examples tbh.

On the contrary, I think they had some really good examples for the genres they specified. Except maybe Gothic...

Anyone else recognize this guy? It's the fgsfds dude!

E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Oct 21, 2008,
That was pretty bad. The examples they chose were bad. Cradle of Filth is not a good example of black metal, neither would Dimmu Borgir. They didn't play any folk, power or doom metal because they wouldn't be able to make fun of metal all sounding the same. Darkthrone, St. Vitus, Therion, Rhapsody and Cruachan don't sound very similar. They just chose songs that would be easy to make fun of by saying they all sound the same.

Also, Linkin Park isn't metal... I don't even consider nu-metal to be metal anyway.
Haha it's fun to hear German again. It was cool that they used Overkill as well! If anyone wants to know, in the end he says something like
"Thank you to *they guy who wrote in* for showing us the wonderful world of metal! I imagine that later this evening *writer's* mom will be screaming down to the basement '*writer*! Dinner time!'"
*laughter*
"But he won't hear her because he has all of this black metal, gothic metal, thrash metal and death metal playing so loudly!!"

Sorry it was kinda hard for me to translate, I guess it makes more sense in German but I found it pretty funny!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Trefellin
That was pretty bad. The examples they chose were bad. Cradle of Filth is not a good example of black metal, neither would Dimmu Borgir. They didn't play any folk, power or doom metal because they wouldn't be able to make fun of metal all sounding the same. Darkthrone, St. Vitus, Therion, Rhapsody and Cruachan don't sound very similar. They just chose songs that would be easy to make fun of by saying they all sound the same.

Also, Linkin Park isn't metal... I don't even consider nu-metal to be metal anyway.

"they" didnt choose the examples. it was the metal fan that chose them, so shame on him!
Quote by CoreysMonster
"they" didnt choose the examples. it was the metal fan that chose them, so shame on him!

Really?! Wow, what a knob. Yes, shame on him. Shame him to hell, right up his ass.
Quote by Trefellin
Really?! Wow, what a knob. Yes, shame on him. Shame him to hell, right up his ass.

...so hell is in his ass?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I really have no clue about what I meant when I said that. I rarely do...
Quote by Spoony_Bard
On the contrary, I think they had some really good examples for the genres they specified. Except maybe Gothic...

Anyone else recognize this guy? It's the fgsfds dude!

Oh yeah I know, I knew exactly like the moment I saw that, I was like "wait...i've seen this guy somewhere!" They could have chosen better black metal, better death metal..melo-death was alright, definetely much better nu-metal...but again, its just my opinion.
Quote by CoreysMonster

He is metal, remember.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
Does "zum beispiel" roughly translate to the English "for example?" I notice that Germans say it a lot.
Quote by jim morrison714
Does "zum beispiel" roughly translate to the English "for example?" I notice that Germans say it a lot.

yup, "for example" and "for instance".