Soloed bridge Pickup, boost highs and high mids, pluck near bridge
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Soloed bridge Pickup, boost highs and high mids, pluck near bridge

do you mean boost high mids and low mids or just hi mids ?
Maybe try slapping harmonics. It should at least be louder. More highs should help too.
Quote by Taygunov
do you mean boost high mids and low mids or just hi mids ?

boost high mids. What pickup config do you have?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I would drop the highs on your amp and boost the high mids to be honest. You don't want them sharp and piercing, just pronounced.

Take some of that brittleness of the top, and they sound bootiful.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by qotsa1998
Maybe try slapping harmonics.

Totally unnecessary

More bridge pick up, more highs, firmer attack. End of story.
Nothing gets harmonics to ring clearer than using the fingernails. However, the attack does sound quite harsh when one does this.
Quote by Arbitror
Nothing gets harmonics to ring clearer than using the fingernails. However, the attack does sound quite harsh when one does this.

Good finger technique will accomplish the same thing, no need for fingernails.

Boost the mids and highs, solo the bridge and play by the bridge. Fingertips on the nodes as whatshisface said. You will get crystal clear harmonics.
I personally find it easier to get harmonics on a fretless than a fretted. But that's just me.
Lots of mids.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Hergiswi
I personally find it easier to get harmonics on a fretless than a fretted. But that's just me.

Unless you are doing artificial harmonics, there should be no reason why this is true. You don't use the frets
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Unless you are doing artificial harmonics, there should be no reason why this is true. You don't use the frets

Maybe it's just my particular bass then. Silvertone isn't exactly professional brand.
maybe try moving around where you place your finger over the thread, to compensate for possible intonation errors.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Play from the bridge, boost your mids, fingertips touching node and when you play pull your fingers off so you let it ring.
Quote by Applehead
Good finger technique will accomplish the same thing, no need for fingernails.

Boost the mids and highs, solo the bridge and play by the bridge. Fingertips on the nodes as whatshisface said. You will get crystal clear harmonics.

Applehead and Deliriumbassist are right here--its good technique that plays most of the role.

Though I will say that I have found some basses where certain harmonics are dead sounding. As Fitz once pointed out to me, when played on a Fender Reissue '51 Precision Bass, the opening chord on Continuum by Jaco Pastorius doesn't ring. Its really odd.