Long story short, my mom stepped on my guitar cable and snapped it of at the end. Thankfully, i got the larger pieces out, but there remains the little, tiny tip, stuck down in the input.

Any way i can manually get it out? i have the chassis out.
"Run for the hills, the south's gonna take you"

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
This sounds like one of those myspace bullitens that say
"IF YOU DONT REPOST THIS IN 2 SECONDS A HANDCAPPED ZOMBIE IS GOING TO STAB YOU WITH A ZUCCHINI"
get a better amp...i have that amp and would be much much happier with a new one.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
look, I don't have the amp, but am saving to get it, but the same thing happened to me an another amp. If there is three gold strips over the ilnput of the chassis, get a paperclip and lift the last one. At the same time, get another papercli and stick behind the cable tip and wiggle it out. I there is more bars, do the same thing, and eventaually it will come out. Hopefully that helps.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by crzysnowborder
get a better amp...i have that amp and would be much much happier with a new one.

it's not mine, that's my problem.

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
"IF YOU DONT REPOST THIS IN 2 SECONDS A HANDCAPPED ZOMBIE IS GOING TO STAB YOU WITH A ZUCCHINI"
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Go to autozone and get a telescoping magnet and use it to get it out.

Wouldn't that be too big? and if not, would it be strong enough?

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
ok, this definitely happened to me. i took it into the shop, and what they did was took a very thin wooden dowel (it was actually part of a wooden jazz drumstick) and they put some glue on the end of it. they shoved it into the tip of the cable that was lodged in the amp, let the glue dry, and voila.
See above post ^
dont take it to guitar center.. theyll just tell you to take it somewhere else. the same thing happened to me. i tried to do it myself and it didnt work out. take it to a local shop, theyll do it, maybe for cheap or free, who knows. go that route tho.
Quote by ofXoneblood
they put some glue on the end of it. they shoved it into the tip of the cable that was lodged in the amp, let the glue dry, and voila.

what kind of glue?

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
to whoever suggested the magnet, wouldn't the magnets on the back of the speaker interfere with it?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by JustOneJacob
Wouldn't that be too big? and if not, would it be strong enough?

No its just right...

Its a line 6 the crimp strength on that input jack shouldnt be that strong. A few quick yanks and you should be able to get it out. The magnet is strong enough to pick up a the biggest of sockets so its worth a shot.

And to the other guy no the speaker magnet will not mess with it.
Lord, yes. Try the magnet first. The glue idea is laughably bad. If you have the chassis out as you say, what's to stop you from opening it up? I bet the jack is a common open type and you will be able to use a small screwdriver to extract the plug tip.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
damn not yours.....that sucks
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
laugh if you want. it worked, and it in no way affected the performance of my amp.

i don't see what the problem is if you use a very small amount of glue and have a steady hand.

of course the magnet would probably work better.
See above post ^
Quote by ofXoneblood
laugh if you want. it worked, and it in no way affected the performance of my amp.

i don't see what the problem is if you use a very small amount of glue and have a steady hand.

of course the magnet would probably work better.

It's just a bloody stupid idea. You have no idea where the excess glue is going to end up. The time you spend waiting for the glue to dry would be better spent taking things apart and extracting it properly. If I ever saw some idiot, whether at a shop or not, sticking glue into my input jack, I'd slap him silly.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
now that i think about it, that is totally not something i would do.

i wasn't there when he did it, he just told me about it when i picked it up.

that dude was pretty stupid actually...
See above post ^
Quote by JustOneJacob
Long story short, my mom stepped on my guitar cable and snapped it of at the end. Thankfully, i got the larger pieces out, but there remains the little, tiny tip, stuck down in the input.

Any way i can manually get it out? i have the chassis out.

How many times did she tell you to turn it down before it got to that point?
Dig it out with some copper.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.