I'm not a big fan of trems, but the PRS SE Custom I got for Christmas has one. Is there anyway I can mod my bridge to be a stop piece? I assume it would, if at all possible, have to be a through-body style, and there would be a lot of extra room inside my guitar. Is this feasible and/or a good idea?
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Mitchell?

No.

Quote by tom708
Tremol-No

Yes

You could always install all the springs and tighten it down, the remove the whammy bar so it doesn't move. Provided it isn't a Floyd Rose.

Also, may I ask why you don't want the trem? If it is as simple as you not using it, take off the whammy bar, if you don't like the lack of tuning stability, do what Tom708 or I said, or get locking tuners, or a graphite nut.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
PRS SE Custom? You have a one-piece wraparound bridge, right?

Why on earth would you want to change that????

Those bridges are awesome! They sound great and there is no extra length on the strings to take up the added tension you put on the strings when you bend them. So you don't have to bend quite as far as on a guitar where you have separate tailstop.

If intonation is a problem, because you're using a different string gauge with a wound G, you could just drop in a Leo Quan with adjustable saddles. It will have the same spacing between the height screws that the fixed bridge has right now.

EDIT:

wait ... WHAT?

I just noticed you said you have a trem? pics or link, please?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
PRS SE Custom? You have a one-piece wraparound bridge, right?

Why on earth would you want to change that????

Those bridges are awesome! They sound great and there is no extra length on the strings to take up the added tension you put on the strings when you bend them. So you don't have to bend quite as far as on a guitar where you have separate tailstop.

If intonation is a problem, because you're using a different string gauge with a wound G, you could just drop in a Leo Quan with adjustable saddles. It will have the same spacing between the height screws that the fixed bridge has right now.

EDIT:

wait ... WHAT?

I just noticed you said you have a trem? pics or link, please?

This is just a pic from guitar center but it is the same one.

-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Øttər
No.

Yes

You could always install all the springs and tighten it down, the remove the whammy bar so it doesn't move. Provided it isn't a Floyd Rose.

Also, may I ask why you don't want the trem? If it is as simple as you not using it, take off the whammy bar, if you don't like the lack of tuning stability, do what Tom708 or I said, or get locking tuners, or a graphite nut.

What will a graphite nut do? And I do want to remove it because of the tuning instability.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Graphite nuts help the strings slide over it better.

If that is the case, just tighten the springs down and remove the whammy bar.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yup, and make sure there are five springs, so u dont have to tighten as much.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yupp!

It always sucks to dig into the paint or something.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
especially on a PRS
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking