Finally after 2.5 months of not changing my strings on the new strat that I had got, I felt I eventually had to, i just procrastinated because it looked extremely difficult doing it from the back Sooooo, yesterday, took me about 2~3 hours to restring, came home from school today and got it tuned perfectly now.

But I can't get my damn amp to project the sound of my strings anymore, tried turning on and off my amp, turning up volume and tune on both guitar and amp, turned up everything on amp pretty much, jiggling the pickup, not the cable since it makes lots of noise just putting it in the jack in the guitar. if it something about the white screw board back there, if anyone says, I'll unscrew that again
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
You should probably still try a different cord. You have anything running between your amp and guitar? If so, try taking that out. If it's battery powered than the pedal may have died. If none of that works, try using another guitar through your amp and seeing if that'd work.

EDIT- And how the hell does it take 2-3 hours to do a string change? Esspecially on a strat.
its the only guitar I have and no pedals either :\ ill try using the other end of the cables or something

It was my first time changing it, and had a problem getting a high e string out of the hole, like it was stuck or something

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
Quote by XxDre09xX
its the only guitar I have and no pedals either :\ ill try using the other end of the cables or something

It was my first time changing it, and had a problem getting a high e string out of the hole, like it was stuck or something

Lmao, its easier if you cut the old strings off so you don't have to get the curly end through the hole.
good thing I didn't do that then

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Yes but that can warp the neck

You can warp the neck by changing strings these days?...... jeez!!
Quote by XxDre09xX
Finally after 2.5 months of not changing my strings on the new strat that I had got, I felt I eventually had to, i just procrastinated because it looked extremely difficult doing it from the back Sooooo, yesterday, took me about 2~3 hours to restring, came home from school today and got it tuned perfectly now.

But I can't get my damn amp to project the sound of my strings anymore, tried turning on and off my amp, turning up volume and tune on both guitar and amp, turned up everything on amp pretty much, jiggling the pickup, not the cable since it makes lots of noise just putting it in the jack in the guitar. if it something about the white screw board back there, if anyone says, I'll unscrew that again
Are you CERTAIN you have the right kind of strings? you need strings with magnetic properties for an electric.

what brand and "model" of strings are you using?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Yes but that can warp the neck

he doesnt mean snapping the strings in full tension.
i think he means snipping off the curly end instead of trying to pull it thru the hole in the bridge.

doing that can in no way warp a neck.

ts, answer the string question.

if that's not it, then i'd guess cable or guitar output jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Are you CERTAIN you have the right kind of strings? you need strings with magnetic properties for an electric.

what brand and "model" of strings are you using?

oh sht ....it said electric guitar on the price tag but not on the package >_<
*Looks in trash can for empty string slips*

D'Addario's XL Nickel Wound Regular Light Gauge

good or bad? I thought it could be anything but nylon, isn't nylon for acoustics instead?

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
sounds fine to me.

you need to try a different cable or check that the wires are attached to the output jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by XxDre09xX
oh sht ....it said electric guitar on the price tag but not on the package >_<
*Looks in trash can for empty string slips*

D'Addario's XL Nickel Wound Regular Light Gauge

good or bad? I thought it could be anything but nylon, isn't nylon for acoustics instead?

Yeah, those should work.

Do you have any friends that are good with guitars? I'd recommend taking it to him since he could examine the thing and let you know what's wrong.

And there's nothing wrong with cutting strings if you loosen it. It's not the end of the world if you cut it at full tension, that's like breaking a string while playing.
unless you know how to set up a guitar strings should be swapped one at a time, imo.

they shouldnt be cut under full tension, and swapping a cable or checking if the two wires are attached to the jack are cake.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by XxDre09xX

You have your own answer right here. If you can hear crackling noise coming from the amp at this point, then it's either your cable or the jack of the guitar, and not the amp. Simple.

Is this bad, I have no white wire.

Edit: Omg I'm an idiot, I thought you were talking about the white plate behind the body, now i see the word "jack" in the picture

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
its probably a dead cable. Those Squire cables die fast.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II Vintage Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EX-400 Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EC-2005 Black w EMG 85/81

Amps:
Crate GLX1200 w/ 4x12 Slant CAB (only useful as a chromatic tuner)
Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP100
Quote by XxDre09xX

Is this bad, I have no white wire.

Edit: Omg I'm an idiot, I thought you were talking about the white plate behind the body, now i see the word "jack" in the picture

yeah that's the ground wire, to the trem cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by hellrazzer24
its probably a dead cable. Those Squire cables die fast.

it's a Livewire cable, the one with the lifetime warranty, maybe ill take it back

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
are you using active pickups ?
i got a similar problem with my emg 85... but didn't had nothing to do with strings.
oh forget about my last post I didn't see that you had a squier
I fixed it, thank you for the help!!!! thought I would have to take it to get it fixed and pay some big fee or something

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
Quote by XxDre09xX
I fixed it, thank you for the help!!!! thought I would have to take it to get it fixed and pay some big fee or something
and the solution was?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
he plugged in the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
and the solution was?

soldering the disconnected white cable back on to a plug on the cable jack on the guitar

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-