I've been playing Bass for a few months now and I've been using an amp I bought with my bass (Squier Jazz Bass The Modified 70's one with the natural finish) just for practice mainly. I just recently started browsing the forums and decided to see what the UG Bass Community thought of the amp I'm using (since my bass seems to be recommended for beginners).

I mainly use the amp for practice and will eventually use it for small gigs (nothing to the point where I'd need too loud of a sound). I like using the effects on it to mess around, the main reason I got it was because the guy at guitar center told me that it was a decent entry amp that would work as a practice amp and and would still be useful as I got better. So, I was wondering if this guy knew what he was talking about or should I think about getting a new amp whenever I decide to get a new bass.

Here's the amp:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-LowDown-LD150-Combo-Bass-Amp-103666970-i1145776.gc
I personally feel that Line 6 amps (both guitar and bass) sound very sterile and the effects aren't fantastic. I'd much rather spend less on a better sounding non digital amp, and spend a little on a multi FX pedal if I wanted a half hearted mess around with them. However, if you like it, you like it. If you find another amp you like better, get that instead.
agreed. i tried that amp once, actually, and although it did have a decent low end (emphasis on 'decent'), it lacked definition, and the lows were actually pretty muddy.
anyways, its a good beginner amp, but not really that good for anything else but that, and maybe as a practice amp. i'm sure i'm alone here, but i tend to practice un-plugged, at least on bass. just take my fender or ibanez, sit in my room with it, and just play my heart out. i find the people at guitar center not as knowledgeable now as they used to be, ever since they got bought out. where i am, i have to locations on hand (i feel so lucky), but only one of them has anybody worth talking to on staff.
but in this case, yes, you probably found a decent staffer, if not one who is unable to hear good tone.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I'll probably keep it for a while and upgrade to the Acoustic B200 if I start doing real gigs. Is there a good way to sell a used amp? My first thought is ebay but the shipping costs would be ridiculous to send out an amp.
why not return and buy the Acoustic now? it's 50 bucks cheaper. or sell it used, upgrade now.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^agree with him.
try craig's list. its not the best way to get money, but no shipping (the person comes to your house)
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses