Page 1 of 5
For example, I always liked RATM, I knew the hits like Killing in the Name, Bulls on Parade etc. But it wasn't until I went to the concert, experienced the energy and exposed myself to more of their material that I actually bought some CDs and listened. Now I'm a huge fan =P

Similar experiences?
Y Friday for me. Not a well-known band but on the Christian scene here in the NE of England they're one of the biggest bands.

Basically a friend wanted me to go and even offered me a spare ticket. I went and was addicted.
gojira
trivium (around the release of ascendancy)
alter bridge
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Guster, definitely. I went with my family because my dad and my sisters like them. I thought they were good and got the cds from my dad. It still took me a while to get into them, but now I love them
i have similar experiances with music videos where i wont really like the band and then see a killer music video where it really highlights the song and get into them, thats how i really got into trivium. and i did so happen to get into MCR by going to projekt revolution i sorta of liked them but after i saw them live i became a huge fan
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
i don't have any like this other than local bands. i don't really get around to seeing as many concerts as i would like to (expensive tickets + suburbs ), so the bands i do go see i'm usually already a fan of. i became more of a fan of bands i already liked though: john fogerty and springsteen

My mind is going. I can feel it.
whitestarr. i never even heard of em until the first rock on the range in columbus, oh. saw em there, and fell in love with their music. then i saw em open for wolfmother and i actually had some money so i picked up their cd and now theyre one of my favorite bands
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
State Radio has always been one of my favorite bands, but my adoration for their music was reborn when I saw them live.
I went to see dream theater, and opeth was opening for them. I'd heard a few songs before and i liked, but once i saw them live...that was it!
The Mars Volta.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Econoline Crush, they opened for Alice Cooper
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
reel big fish and less than jake
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

I wasn't as in love with HIM's music before I was them live.

I hadn't heard of IAmGhost before the Kerrang Tour they did with Biffy Chicken and The Bronx I think.... but I rather like them.

EDIT: Oooo and Hot Bone. They supported my sexy friend's band and honestly was one of the best gigs with both bands.... awesome stuff.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by BKR
reel big fish

+1
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
august burns red
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
fellsilent, they supported enter shikari when they played here n they far outdid any of the other bands, headliner included
Rod Stewart.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Quote by PrimalScreamer
The Jonas Brothers

Kill yourself. Now. No, really. Even if you're kidding. Just go kill yourself right now.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Black Stone Cherry after they opened for Shinedown
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
Be prepared for boner.
THERE WILL BE BONER
3 Inches of Blood. I had heard them on a video game before, but I didn't think anything of them. Summer of 2007 came along and my friends wanted to go to a concert at a local venue called El Corazon, and I tagged along since I didn't feel like staying home on a friday night. One of my favorite "local" bands now.
Quote by vartanspartan
Kill yourself. Now. No, really. Even if you're kidding. Just go kill yourself right now.

Shut up. You're not funny.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
gojira

+1

Saw them support Trivium.

They were immense.
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Oct 21, 2008,
Staind. They absolutely blew me away when I saw them live. I kind of liked them before but afterward I was a bona fide (sp?) fan
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Mine was Metallica actually, and it was fairly recently. I never really got it before, they were nothing special to me. Obviously there are the songs that everyone knows and loves like Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters ect, but after seeing them live, they changed my mind, and Ive listened to them alot lately. Still not the biggest fan of metal, but...hey-ho
Quote by vartanspartan

uh oh

looks like somebody is angry that they missed the jonas brothers last concert
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by vartanspartan

Youre just jealous of the Jonas Brothers arent you?
Kubichek!. One of the most underrated bands ever, in my opinion. Saw them supporting the Holloways last year. Sadly they've split up now. Hell of a live show though, and a fantastic album.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Kaiser Chiefs
Automatic
Bloc Party
James Brown
Hoosiers
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
arch enemy
they opened second stage at ozzfest 05. all of the other bands seemed kinda lame after them.

(until iron maiden walked onstage)
Page 1 of 5