Hey, I'll keep this short and sweet.

I'm relatively new to guitar, started last christmas, hence my join date, and I'm slowly but surely learning.

I have this pedal, the GFX-3, hooked up to a Titan Strat-copy, and a Daphon 3 watter, all of which shown:

Pedal:

This, but an electric, looks like a fender:

Amp, again, 3 watts:

So that's my setup. I got the Pedal for $80 Canadian, when it was bought brand new for $250. The only setback is the middle button, #2 on the front is broken off, but it still rests on there fine and is in perfect working order.

So is this a good pedal? Do I need a new amp or guitar? Or is it fine? Any tips would be appreciated!

P.S Do new strings REALLY affect the tone of the guitar?
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I think most of UG would suggest a new amp first. Probably a tube amp.
If you dislike your guitar you could get a new one too. But the amp will be important.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Yeah, I'd definitely say get a new amp first. Just find out what kinds of amps your favorite bands use and start researching from there. The pedal is fine..once you learn a little bit more about guitar and such you may decide to tinker with it and try to fix it...otherwise it's just fine. Your guitar should last you for quite a while until you get more technique and start playing longer/more seriously. Until then..welcome to UG
ummmm........