Looking for a good MultiFX for under $300. I've looked at the DigiTech RP500, and the Line 6 Floor Pod Plus. I want something the goes on the floor, or is compatible with a pedal, because I will be using it live at times. Which of the 2 I mentioned is better, what is your favorite MultiFX?

The kind of music I play is:

Rock
Heavy Rock
Some Metal
And mellow Church Music
93' Mexican Stratocaster

LTD Viper-50 --- Active EMG's

Currently using a cheap crate amp
The effects I would be using most are:

Distortion
Delay
Chorus
93' Mexican Stratocaster

LTD Viper-50 --- Active EMG's

Currently using a cheap crate amp
I have yet to try out the rp500 but I can tell you the rp350 is great; also are you going to gig with this?
If you're looking for something simple then probably look elsewhere but for something really powerful with lots of preset possibilities check out the Boss Me-50. And being a boss it's pretty road-worthy.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
get a zoom g1x got it love it,atleast go try it out ok?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I don't like any multi-fx. You'll be much happier with you're sound out of individual pedals. You've been warned. No one likes there multi-fx after a year or two.
dude if you're only going to be using those 3 fx, it would make no sense to buy a multi-fx that has mediocre quality FX for the price of the single ones.

You could get an

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff (distortion) 89.25
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone (chorus) 84.00
MXR Carbon Copy (Delay) 149.99

Which puts you about 25 bucks more than your budget BUT you will sound 1000x better than if you bought a multi-fx (you could always get a cheaper Delay than the carbon copy)
Coming out to a grou
Quote by Highwaytohell
dude if you're only going to be using those 3 fx, it would make no sense to buy a multi-fx that has mediocre quality FX for the price of the single ones.

You could get an

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff (distortion) 89.25
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone (chorus) 84.00
MXR Carbon Copy (Delay) 149.99

Which puts you about 25 bucks more than your budget BUT you will sound 1000x better than if you bought a multi-fx (you could always get a cheaper Delay than the carbon copy)
Coming out to a grou

AHH but my friend your forgetting about the power. How is going to power those pedals? Thats like $20 for each adapter which brings to an extra 60 dollars.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser white
Schecter Damein FR
Crate GTD15R
Metal Muff
^Ispot. I would recommend the Korg Ax3000G if you have to get one, but they are discontinued by Korg so they are almost all gone anyway.

And, like said above. Get 3 pedals. You will kick yourself and then piss on yourself if you get a Multi-fx especially if you play metal. They give no good metal tone what-so ever. Just a digital distortion.
I wanted a multi fx until i heard the sound quality, i have the metal muff and the boss overdrive for my disto/gain, and this sounds 999999999999999x better than the digitech rp150 of my friend.

I don't know where are you comming from, in my city i have kijiji or lespac to buy used, but BUY USED STUFF, this worth it, the pedal has two or three scratches under, they comes with power suply 1 time on two, and there between half and 2/3 the price of a new, my overdrive cost me 60 $ compaired with 100-120 $, my ehx metal muff cost me 40 $ compaired to 85-100 $ i also have a cry baby gcb-95, tha cost me 65 $ compaired with 100-150 $

so buy invidual pedal, and buy them used, this is the best thing you can do.
I would go for the korg ax3000g. But if you're gona use only those 3 pedals, I recommend to go for single pedals.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

The korg is my favorite "bang for the buck" in the Multi-fx world, but you will use it for 2 years then despise it. And they aren't making them anymore.
I have a 500, and so far I love it. I play hard rock/metal, mostly classic and 80's/90's stuff. True, the core of most sound is dist/chorus/delay, but the additional fx provided gives a tremendous bang for the buck. I like the amp models and variety. The unit is very sturdy and well built, unlike previous models (I own a rp50, too). Case is metal, rock solid switches and expression pedal, good all around.

Maybe I'm easier to please than some tone purists, but I think what Digitech accomplished was great. And I got mine brand new for $240. There are many fx that I would have otherwise passed on the opportunity to own simply because it wouldn't have justified spending $100+ for just one single pedal. Now I have just about any kind of effect that I could imagine, and I didn't have to buy them one at a time.

For live play, everyone is either dancing or drinking too heavily to take the time to pick apart if the fx tones are modeled with 100% accuracy. The fact that I have such a large number of GOOD (maybe not GREAT) fx in my arsenal makes me happy. And like I said, as long as I'm happy with my tone, I don't need to worry about my audience picking it apart. They probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, or care even if they did.

Go check one out. It was very intuitive out of the box with good sounds right from the get-go. Sound tweakage is easy.

There's always room for improvement, tho. I would've preferred they included the drum loops for solo rhythm practice, and the tuner is a little less visually friendly. The instruction manual wasn't nearly as complete as it could've been.

I like the multi fx concept. It keeps cost down, is easily transportable, and I don't have to worry which pedal or cable in the fx chain is giving noise or failing.