I'd like to photoshop my band's name on this background (come on, it's pretty cool) But I can do just fine for the most part with PhotoShop but I'm not too sure on how to put the text over the background without just making it look like text over a picture.

How would you go about maniuplating the font to look like it's been painted on the plate?
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Whats your band's name? I could attempt to do it for you. I'm thinking you could
1) Create a second layer of the same image
2) Cut out your band's name letter's from the second layer
3) Change the tints and shades and hues of the second layer, thus having the cut out letters the same pattern as the background, but a different color. Then you could move it around as you wish.
I hope I explained it well o_O
Quote by RPGoof
Whats your band's name? I could attempt to do it for you. I'm thinking you could
1) Create a second layer of the same image
2) Cut out your band's name letter's from the second layer
3) Change the tints and shades and hues of the second layer, thus having the cut out letters the same pattern as the background, but a different color. Then you could move it around as you wish.
I hope I explained it well o_O

Pretty much this, but I'd put a texture on the cut-out "painted" bit to make it look more painted, and set it's opacity fairly low until the desired effect is achieved.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by goest
Maybe fuck around with the different paint-brushes and what have you?

Yeah I didn't know if there was some 'standard' way of going about this rather than spending a lot of time doing the wrong thing, ya know?
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
The Talking Heads "Fear of Music" album was done just like that, only the lettering wasn't painted on. Good idea though. As for Photoshop, I don't have much advice, sorry.
all the above mentioned and the blending options (soft light, overlay etc.) and opacity
My band's name is Still Sound, if any of you would like to try it for me, I have the font I would like to see it in, I could send it.

I'll try what you guys said as well.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Blending options FTW especially overlay

then do another overlay layer, erase the parts that are a bit much (using a feathered brush of course).
i have a 'white guitar'
I'll tell you what, if you want, I could make it have a paint texture, with imperfections etc. But it will take a while for me to download Machine Wash again.
I appreciate it.

I have the fonts uploaded now.

I would like it ideally to be spelled out "Still sounD" (looks better in the actual font, trust me.

The "S" and the "D" to be in the Intials with curls font, and the "till soun" to be in the Evenescent font. All in 150 pt, justified center (obviously) and maybe 1/4 from the top, little more.

And for the color to be 'painted' on for the lettering, to be a light grey, or whatever looks best.
Attachments:
evanescence.zip
initials_with_curls.zip
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Last edited by StillSoundRG at Oct 21, 2008,
Quote by maggot9779
I'll tell you what, if you want, I could make it have a paint texture, with imperfections etc. But it will take a while for me to download Machine Wash again.

You don't have to go and do all that, but It would make it look really cool.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
You could put the text over it, then just make it a tad transparent?
A simple option like, but it could work.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I appreciate it.

I have the fonts uploaded now.

I would like it ideally to be spelled out "Still sounD" (looks better in the actual font, trust me.

The "S" and the "D" to be in the Intials with curls font, and the "till soun" to be in the Evenescent font. All in 150 pt, justified center (obviously) and maybe 1/4 from the top, little more.

And for the color to be 'painted' on for the lettering, to be a light grey, or whatever looks best.

How big do you want it?

Edit, oh nevermind lol
150 pt please, I edited that post, but didn't put EDIT, so ya probably didn't notice. My bad
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original