I've heard the BR00TALZZZZZZZZ!!! of this amp and I like it but I was just wondering if it could do slightly lighter hardcore (lol that sounds funny, "lighter hardcore") sounds such as Underoath, Saosin, Secret and whisper, etc.., and has anyone here got any good cleans out of this, either by the amp alone or simply by adding a chorus pedal or something, please let me know.

Oh and also, what are your thoughts on a marshall JCM2000 combo for this sound.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
most bands like that have used 6505s/5150s at some point, and yeah, itll do lighter, turn the gain down
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by daltonator9690
It can go lighter, but why would you ever want to?

Some people play multiple styles or don't limit themselves to 1 tone...
It'll do lighter hardcore fine. I don't have much experience with the cleans, but I've heard using a chorus pedal makes it sound pretty good.
Quote by Nightfyre
Some people play multiple styles or don't limit themselves to 1 tone...
It'll do lighter hardcore fine. I don't have much experience with the cleans, but I've heard using a chorus pedal makes it sound pretty good.

Ok, thats what I wanted to hear. And yeah I've heard of that too and I just want to hear it from someone who has had or has the amp. Thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Secret and Whisper use Marshall JCM's and a Krank Krankenstein for their tone, they grew up in my area and I've met them all and talked to the guitarists about their rigs, but I'd say that a 6505 would suffice fine, maybe a + series for a lighter gain rhythm channel and and being able to EQ it out nicer for whatever you like.
6505 combo actually has good clean no need for pedals, lead channel of the head is a bit more grindy, all in all you'll like it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
5150/6505 is good for metal when you have it cranked and warm. When its warming up and its still kinda' cool, doesnt sound good. Sounds amazing when its hot to the touch and loud. Oh, and to what other people have said about the cleans, I think the cleans on my 5150 sound really good. IMO.
I'm just saying.
a 5150 is intended to be turned up to 11.
The old school one, not the pansy peavy made EVH head.
Brutality.
Quote by daltonator9690
I'm just saying.
a 5150 is intended to be turned up to 11.
The old school one, not the pansy peavy made EVH head.
Brutality.

Wut?

"Pansy Peavey made EVH head" You mean the new EVH 5150III which is made by Fender and EVH?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau