I've been using the shitty Spider III 15w for about a year now and I need something with more power and much better tone to it. I've been looking through a bunch of amplifiers, namely tube amps, including B-52, Peavey Valvekings and Bugera, because their decent sized amps are all around the $500-$800 price range. I've been looking at a bunch of demos for the Bugera 333xl and I like what I see. I think its a beautiful looking amp and the tone it has would seem like an improvement. Can anybody testify to this and maybe give me more info about this amp? I like metal, with heavy distortion, but I also like beautiful cleans. Metallica's cleans are a big favorite of mine, especially One's intro in the studio version.
-Could I get One's clean tone with this amp? (with a chorus pedal of course)
-Does this amp provide a sufficient amount of gain for bands like metallica, megadeth, sabbath ect...
-At what volume do the tubes really kick in? (when I play at home I can't blast it but I can hopefully get the thing up to 12 o'clock... Is that enough?)
-I believe the amp has 3 separate channels (Clean, Crunch, Lead). Does the amp include footswitch capabilities to swap between them?
-Average price and where can I find this amp to test it?
-Any other suggestions.
THANK YOU!
- yes
- more than enough gain for 80s metal-modern metal
- i would say tubes kick in at around 5 or 6, and i doubt you will be able to play much past 1 or 2 in your house
- all bugeras come with footswitches
- around $600-$800, your local bugera dealer
- searchbar, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845438

highly recomended buying a 6262 myself in the next couple of weeks
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Watterboy
I've been using the shitty Spider III 15w for about a year now and I need something with more power and much better tone to it. I've been looking through a bunch of amplifiers, namely tube amps, including B-52, Peavey Valvekings and Bugera, because their decent sized amps are all around the $500-$800 price range. I've been looking at a bunch of demos for the Bugera 333xl and I like what I see. I think its a beautiful looking amp and the tone it has would seem like an improvement. Can anybody testify to this and maybe give me more info about this amp? I like metal, with heavy distortion, but I also like beautiful cleans. Metallica's cleans are a big favorite of mine, especially One's intro in the studio version.
-Could I get One's clean tone with this amp? (with a chorus pedal of course)
-Does this amp provide a sufficient amount of gain for bands like metallica, megadeth, sabbath ect...
-At what volume do the tubes really kick in? (when I play at home I can't blast it but I can hopefully get the thing up to 12 o'clock... Is that enough?)
-I believe the amp has 3 separate channels (Clean, Crunch, Lead). Does the amp include footswitch capabilities to swap between them?
-Average price and where can I find this amp to test it?
-Any other suggestions.
THANK YOU!

1) Yes, though why you would want that...
2) It'll have wayyyy more then that. It has enough for all the ultra brutal death metal you want to play.
3) The tubes are always going, but the sound really improves when you get the speaker moving, think 9 o clock or so. By 12 to 1 it'll be loud as hell, but it'll sound great.
4) Yes, it almost definetly does.
5) Probably 800 or so, not realllly sure on this though. No more then that probably. Look around for where. I think Sam Ash carries them.
6) Probably the best amp in that range, though maybe a used 5150. Shit cleans thoguh
Well Bugeras are deff. worth the money you would pay,they are really affordable tube amplifiers.

The 6260 has 2 separate channels,which are footswitchable. The lead channel has enough gain for some hardcore sounding stuff,while the clean channel has both a bright switch,and a gain boost switch for if you want to play a little dirtier,without bieng overwhelming.I would go ahead and make the buy if I were you,I mean for the price its killer.

[Edit] I know you werent talking about the 6260,but thats what I have most knowledge on..Just trying to help out a little.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
Thank you, thank you for all of the helpful responses. Also, does anybody have any more good demonstrations of the 333xl or similar bugera amps? I'd like to listen to some more variety and playing styles. By the way, for a guitar I'll be playing a Epiphone LP standard, so hopefully it'll get some good tones out of it. Does guitar center have bugeras in stock? I checked the website but I did not see it on the list. Thank you again.
They sound amazing and can do all sorts of metal. The crunch channel is pretty versitile as well, as I can go from ACDC to Alice In Chains, all from that channel alone.

Mine just died on me, but it could be just a fuse, so don't let that and negetive people with their reliability issues scare you, they are great amps.

Of course if mine turns out to have ****ed me, I might not be so happy about it. On the other hand, their warrenty is awesome and will replace the amp if it ****s up on you, so that always a good thing.
Quote by suffersystem
They sound amazing and can do all sorts of metal. The crunch channel is pretty versitile as well, as I can go from ACDC to Alice In Chains, all from that channel alone.

Mine just died on me, but it could be just a fuse, so don't let that and negetive people with their reliability issues scare you, they are great amps.

Of course if mine turns out to have ****ed me, I might not be so happy about it. On the other hand, their warrenty is awesome and will replace the amp if it ****s up on you, so that always a good thing.

Yeah I just read your thread. That's a bummer dude, hopefully it doesn't have to do with the amp. Where did you purchase yours?
Quote by Watterboy
Yeah I just read your thread. That's a bummer dude, hopefully it doesn't have to do with the amp. Where did you purchase yours?

Got mine new straight from a local music shop, so I am covered with warrenty and all that jazz. Best thing about going new, it's covered, but the biggest downside is paying alot more for new. They had a 6260 head at the store as well, so I might look into getting the head and a cab instead, but we will see.