I'm one, and have been for a while. I'm directing Pride & Prejudice at my school, and have done 6 other shows at my school. I've also done a lot of short-time work on professional shows all around the country(lots of set construction and stuff).

Who else here is involved?

And yes, I am straight, I initially got involved to meet girls... its worked once or twice.
When I was in high school I did Drama at GCSE and Expressive Arts as an extra in just a year. Got a B in both.

I took part in a few drama productions, I miss it a bit actually.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
OMFG UR LYK SUCH A KW33R!!!1!111!

i did drama for a bit, but i'm pretty rubbish at acting so gave it up. i envy people who can act REALLY well though
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I do Stage Crew and worked on one of our plays, The Burial at Thebes which made it to the State semi finals.

Good times. This year, we're sending Trojan Women to the festival. It's being retold in 1940s Poland, with Nazis and whatnot.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I starred in my school's first full theatrical production in its 41 years of production, I got 8 thespian points out of it, bad ass exprience, a really good lay, and not to mention I was chosen to sing the national anthem at graduation a month later. So in short, I'm amazing when it comes to theater, especially musicals. There's a picture of me dressed in costume on my profile, check it out!
In some drug and alcohol play some kid got to smoke 'weed' from a bong, it just looked like weed though.
i always did sound board of music, but i went to an arts school so it was really competitve.
but then again hayden christiansan came out of my school
so i dont know how good our program actually is
Never worked on plays or anything, I always enjoyed watching them though and getting out of class to.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
i took theatre for an elective cause they wouldn't let me have an off period.

Eh, all the preps and idiots took it cause they needed fine arts credit. The best play my school could come up with was a play about a Samurai Girl. The one after they did High School Musical and my friend played a stoner
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
I've been involved with 9 shows since middle school, not counting the one I'm currently in and including the ones I've done technical work for. I am also the currently President of my school's drama club and thespian troupe. I was nominated in 2005 (my freshman year) for outstanding performance in a non-singing role in by Seattle's Fifth Avenue high school theatre awards. I am currently a level 6 (60 some odd points) honor thespian. I have a friend that is in year as me (senior) that has something like 130 but he does tech work and a professional. I'm just a talented amateur.
Quote by Eric 666
I starred in my school's first full theatrical production in its 41 years of production, I got 8 thespian points out of it, bad ass exprience, a really good lay, and not to mention I was chosen to sing the national anthem at graduation a month later. So in short, I'm amazing when it comes to theater, especially musicals. There's a picture of me dressed in costume on my profile, check it out!

Like High school musicals...?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
ah yes. i must admit i love theatre
im currently the only male doing 7th Form(last year of highschool) drama
played algernon in "importance of being earnest" and Colonel Pickering in "my fair lady" this year hahah
Quote by Dr Collosus
ah yes. i must admit i love theatre
im currently the only male doing 7th Form(last year of highschool) drama
played algernon in "importance of being earnest" and Colonel Pickering in "my fair lady" this year hahah

Colonel Pickering....was he the douchey guy or is he the other guy that helps Eliza and pays for her lessons?
my school doesnt have a drama club, they just hold auditions

last year in 8th grade i was Uncle Henry in the Wizard of Oz, and fpr my first year in high school we are going to be putting on a production of Rent, where I will be playing Benjamin Coffin III
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Ive played The Prince in Rogers and Hammerstiens Cinderella and Curly in Oklahoma.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I don't assume all of the drama kids are gay, but that doesn't stop me from hating them. Leave all that drama behind in your class and/or club. Stop acting like it is more important than everything else, too.

Oh yeah, and enjoy moving to Hollywood and joining the parade of delusion in which all the millions of people with dreams make it big.
Quote by the worm
I don't assume all of the drama kids are gay, but that doesn't stop me from hating them. Leave all that drama behind in your class and/or club. Stop acting like it is more important than everything else, too.

Oh yeah, and enjoy moving to Hollywood and joining the parade of delusion in which all the millions of people with dreams make it big.

I really dont like people like you. Why should someone with genuine dreams of making it stop just because you say so? Even if they don't make it serves them as experience for later things in life.
Quote by Eric 666
I really dont like people like you. Why should someone with genuine dreams of making it stop just because you say so? Even if they don't make it serves them as experience for later things in life.

Who said to stop? I just said enjoy the parade of delusion, how is that discouraging?

I also said leave your drama in class, and look what you've already done within minutes. Enforcing the stereotype is what you are doing.
I wish my school had a drama class, we only have a club.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by the worm
Who said to stop? I just said enjoy the parade of delusion, how is that discouraging?

I also said leave your drama in class, and look what you've already done within minutes. Enforcing the stereotype is what you are doing.

There you go, that's how...yes on the bolded print...yes goooood boy. I'm not enforcing the stereotype, I just really dont like people that talk down on other people's passions.
Quote by Eric 666
There you go, that's how...yes on the bolded print...yes goooood boy. I'm not enforcing the stereotype, I just really dont like people that talk down on other people's passions.

Ok, then we can agree to disagree.
i find musicals fun as i like to sing and am mildly good at dancing to choreography. i've only done a few though, got started with Camelot in high school, did Hello Dolly with a local group last summer. now that i've moved, i'm still trying to find out about the local theater group since we actually have a theater here.

edit: i hate that people assume that theater dudes are gay. i've only worked with one gay theater dude in any of the shows i've done. i'm straight, and actually got involved because this girl i liked persuaded me to join a musical she was in.
I did drama in high-school and do stage acting semi-professionally now.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by The Picker
I don't act but I do the set construction, etc. Very fun.

I did that for the last show we did, its pretty fun, plus you get to show the girls your muscles if you're lugging around heavy objects
Quote by Eric 666
Colonel Pickering....was he the douchey guy or is he the other guy that helps Eliza and pays for her lessons?

lol the first one!

why yes he is!
I played a parrot in year 7. I wore a Brazil football shirt and had one line, I liked it.
Was in theatre/drama for a year and a half. Dropped out of it in the second year cause of the stress. I shifted from acting to production and am now in my school's technical theatre class which is like for the lighting and stage design/management and all that. I think it suits me better. I don't attend actual drama club meetings though.
My high school has a great theatre program and great director/ teacher. I was in acting for 2 years, then signed up for backstage/ stagecraft. I did that grade 11 to 12, did lighting mostly. It was awesome. We did West Side Story one year, and Seussical! the next year, they were both incredible.
I started running sound late freshman year, then took classes the next 3 years. I only acted in small things like class plays, variety shows, and Reader's Theatre, but I've been running sound for everything I wasn't acting in.

I think there's 3 groups of theatre kids (at least at my school there was):
-Tech Crew/Stage Crew
-Theatre Kids / Drama Kids / whatever you want to call them
-and regular joes who liked theatre.

In my opinion, most of the Theatre Kids were reeeaaally annoying. They had there own set of social standards, acted wierd (in everyday life), and always got teacher/director preference in class and in assigning parts. The Tech Crew were the rebellious bunch - playing with lighters, pulling pranks on the Theatre Kids, telling dirty jokes on the headsets, ect. The regualr joes were just people - to put it plainly. They were the easiest to get along with, but they never got the recognition they deserved. They never got the big part in a play, or a memorable speech, or nothing.

In the Job Secrets thread, someone posted something about being the Sound Tech, and all the details of working with people who don't know what they want or what they're doing. It's so true! I'll find a link.

Sorry for the wall o' text, but after graduating, I've looked back and realized that I don't want to ever talk to a lot of people from theatre ever again.

EDIT: Try this link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16504929#post16504929

Hits the nail on the head of what it's like to be on the tech crew.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Last edited by scrambler_66 at Oct 22, 2008,
I'm involved with my schools drama stuff. I'm a junior this year and only started doing stuff last year. So far I've been:

Jack Warner in Shakespeare In Hollywood
The Voice Of The Vicious Man Eating Plant, Audrey 2 in Little Shop Of Horrors
Elvis in A School House Rock based Play
Lord Capulet in Romeo and Juliet

I don't think that is that bad of a resume for a year worth of stuff

and later in the year we're doing Les Miserables so I'm psyched for that.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by Freaky_Styley
I'm involved with my schools drama stuff. I'm a junior this year and only started doing stuff last year. So far I've been:

Jack Warner in Shakespeare In Hollywood
The Voice Of The Vicious Man Eating Plant, Audrey 2 in Little Shop Of Horrors
Elvis in A School House Rock based Play
Lord Capulet in Romeo and Juliet

I don't think that is that bad of a resume for a year worth of stuff

and later in the year we're doing Les Miserables so I'm psyched for that.

Wow. My school only gets in two plays a year. We did Little Shop Of Horrors as our Summer play for last year. I was going to audition for the dentist, but again nerves and stress got to me. Even if I made the audition there's no way I would've lasted until the actual performances. Nerves really suck.
Wow. My school only gets in two plays a year. We did Little Shop Of Horrors as our Summer play for last year. I was going to audition for the dentist, but again nerves and stress got to me. Even if I made the audition there's no way I would've lasted until the actual performances. Nerves really suck.

I originally wanted the dentist, but I wasn't as chiseled as the director wanted so I had to sit behind a mic and say lines, which I never learned and just read them out of the script and make gutteral noises that I never thought I could produce for the plant.

But nerves, you just have to be confident in what your doing and eventually you'll get over them.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who