I feel kind of stupid asking this considering how often I vouch for Mexican Fenders...

Anyway, how good would a Mexican Standard be compared to an American Standard? I'm looking at both used. I intended to leave the American Standard stock, and the MIM strat I'd put a set of Tex Mex pickups in.

Also, anyone who has either of those and a Gretsch, how does a strat compare to a Gretsch Pro Jet(Also looking at one of used) for the genres I play(Take a look at the band list in my non-forum UG profile for an idea of what I play)?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
i think a used MIM plus new pickups would be cheaper than a used MIA. I guess it really comes down to if you want that extra fret.
The American strats that I have played that have good necks play 1000x better than my MIM, but its hit or miss
If cost is not a factor, deffinately the American
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Well, money is a factor considering the US economy. ><

Alright, how about buying a used MIM, and modding it with the pickups and an American Standard neck, taking the best elements, sort of like Clapton did to create Blackie?

Or just play every MIM strat you can, you're sure to find one that feels just right and plays as good as anything else you've tried.

Search these pages and you'll see that this topic has been done many times and the answer's always the same.
Quote by necrosis1193
Well, money is a factor considering the US economy. ><

Alright, how about buying a used MIM, and modding it with the pickups and an American Standard neck, taking the best elements, sort of like Clapton did to create Blackie?

Wouldn't that cost more than just buying an American Strat?
The main differences between the MIM and MIA strats are the pickups, the MIA has one more fret, and the Americans have the 2-screw bridge rather than the 6-screw bridge of the Mexican guitars.

It's easy enough to replace pickups and bridge though. The main kicker is if you can live with 21 frets rather than 22.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hmm...well, I suppose my main concern is would it survive for a lifetime? Would this guitar, if it ends up being incredibly good feeling and sweet sounding, could it serve as, for lack of a better term, my blackie, if it's Mexican made? How's the MIM workmanship?

i dont know about all years, but my 96' is fine.

american or mexican, doesnt matter. with a strat, if something breaks or needs fixing, you throw out the part and buy a new one.
as long as the body is wood, it'll last till the next ice age.

around here you can get a used mex strat for $250.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

american or mexican, doesnt matter. with a strat, if something breaks or needs fixing, you throw out the part and buy a new one.

Hmm...I suppose. Nice strat btw.

Alright then, I guess I'll get a MIM and mod it with the pickups. thanks for the advice folks.

Quote by jj1565

Wow, that's a beautiful strat. What kind of pup is that in the bridge?
it's a hot rails -bridge,
dimarzio stacked humbucker virtual vintage heavy blues -mid
and dimarzio stacked YjM -neck.

my fav setting is one click down from neck.

imo, the biggest playing difference between mex and mia strats is the feel of the neck.

also i like to keep this bridge flush for stability, my mia i float.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Lol thx irishstang, yeah I stuck the Fender logo on that pic ages ago when I was first checking out MIM Strats and got a bit of a shock at how ordinary they were.
i personally like MIJ more than MIM, but i love MIA's. they just have such a clear sound to me, and an amazing feel.
go american, if u can. if not, japanese.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I have a MIM Tex/Mex and a American Deluxe.You can feel a difference just holding them.Quality of the American is noticably better.