Okay, so I went to turn on my amp tonight, and it won't turn on. Nothing at all is happening. It did it once this morning, so I plugged it into a different jack just thinking maybe that would help, and it turned back on, but now absolutely nothing is happening when I turn it on. No lights, no power, nothing. I'm pretty sure I have checked it over completely and can't find anything wrong with it. Would this be a fuse, power tube, something?

Not ****ing happy about it at all. Other than that it's been great to me, but this is not making me a happy camper.
Press the turn on button harder :P, that's what happened with mine. :P

but... mine is one of those amps that you get when you buy a package haha
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Check the fuse. Pull out the chassis and look for anything burnt out. On second thoughts, considering Bugera's warrenty, take it to a tech immedietly.
Quote by xHellbound
Instead of making a new thread, maybe someone here can help me:

My amp didn't die, but it's making a humming noise for some reason. Its a Vox DA15, I've had it for about 10 months, and it's always been perfectly clear, even if I cranked the volume up. Now I can crank it 1/6 the way and I start to hear a buzzing/humming noise.

what are you getting at?
wrong thread?
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by aaayoooo92
hopefully you got the warranty!

Yes sir, it's only about two months old, so if I can't find the problem by tomorrow, I am taking it back to the music shop and maybe seeing what else I can find. Just sucks because it's an amazing amp, and for the price it was just right for what I could afford. I am only paying 66$ a month for it on a finance plan, and am only paying an extra 90$ in interest for it, which is great. I couldn't afford a new or used one, so this finance plan really helped me out. a 120 watt kick ass amp, for 66$ a month, goddamn right! I am just pissed because I don't want to go ampless while they order me a new one or whatever.

Really sucks because I was just about to go try out for a band next week, can't have an amp go on me!
xHellbound, yours did that because it felt like it. Either that or I have no idea.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
If you said power tube that means you've got a tube amp, don't plug it again before you change your tubes, bring the ones you've got to get them tested at the shop you go to, if they're alright it's time for a maintenance check by a qualified person, but if one of the tubes is dead you'll have to replace the whole sets. Putting voltage in a thing with electronic and no way to efficiently dissipate the energy in order to function may lead to other troubles with your amp, get the tubes checked and replaced if needed.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
If you said power tube that means you've got a tube amp, don't plug it again before you change your tubes, bring the ones you've got to get them tested at the shop you go to, if they're alright it's time for a maintenance check by a qualified person, but if one of the tubes is dead you'll have to replace the whole sets. Putting voltage in a thing with electronic and no way to efficiently dissipate the energy in order to function may lead to other troubles with your amp, get the tubes checked and replaced if needed.

I'm just going to take the entire amp back to the shop, as the Bugera warrenty is quite fickle about having unqualified people ****ing with their amps. I'll let the experts do what they do, and they'll replace any tubes or fuse or whatever they have to. It's only two months old, so if the tubes are gone, they better ****ing pay for them or replace them, no way they should be gone that fast, I don 't even gig with the thing right at the moment.
Okay, so if it is just a fuse, is there anything special I need to know about changing one? Is it just a simple thing as taking the old one out, putting the new one in, no more no less? I'm just a little cautious as I don't want to damage anything.
*If this is posting too much I apologize*

So I took the fuse out, it seemed okay, so I put it back in, and the amp lit up. Then it died again five seconds later, grrrrrr.
Sounds like a more serious problem, let the warranty take care of it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Sounds like a more serious problem, let the warranty take care of it.

Thanks man, I think I'm going to do just that. It's my first tube amp, so I don't want to **** anything up and void the warranty by being a jackass and ****ing with it.
^Exactly, there's no sense in voiding the warranty, especially on an amp that's known to break down.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sorry dude.

i was going to say take the fuze out and look but then that happened. Curious, was the fuze OK?

hopefully, it won't take to long. See if you can't get an advanced replacement. I'd try to talk to Bugera first, then your shop.
Fuse dieing is not an uncommon sign of Power tube failure. Have Bugera comp you for some tubes. If that doesn't work, I agree you're screwed. That said, normally it would not even power up before with a bad power tube if the amp is made right.