I currently own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top (Trans Blue). Due to the facts that:

A) I just don't dig the look of Epi LPs
B) I might need to downgrade guitars due to a sudden need of extra $$$

Would it be a wise move to sell it and get the Ibanez RG350EX? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350EX-Electric-Guitar-518909-i1397686.gc

I only really play standard and Drop-D. And I was considering purchasing the D-tuna (http://www.guitarcenter.com/EVH-D-Tuna-Drop-D-Tuning-System-361390-i1130129.gc) for quick drop-d tuning anyway.

I play mostly everything; (Metal, Jazz, Blues, Pop-Rock, Instrumental Rock, Post-Hardore, etc.)

What do you think?

Oh! One more question: if I wanted to do a trem-swap down the line, what is the best tremolo I could swap it for with concern to the way the body is routed?

Thanks in advance.
Yes,it is a dumb move.The guitar you currently own is pretty hard to find,so you might wanna keep it.

Secondly,the trem on the RG350 is terrible,you'll kill yourself with that guitar.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I wouldn't downgrade if i were you. Besides, you own the guitar I'm saving for right now
You wont be making any extra cash. After you sell your guitar buy the new one and the dtuna you will maybe break even. Then add a wammy and your on the hole on cash.
I don't really see the point since they're both somewhat in the same price range, but if you really have a problem with the way your les paul looks, go ahead.

The necks will feel different, the les paul I tried was decently thick, and my RG neck feels thin as hell, but I love it. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that the Edge III is a direct swap for an OFR, which is pretty nice. And chances are, your Edge III will break as the knife edge will wear out over time, depending on whammy use and such.
Quote by Broken-pick
Yes,it is a dumb move.The guitar you currently own is pretty hard to find,so you might wanna keep it.

Secondly,the trem on the RG350 is terrible,you'll kill yourself with that guitar.

What he said. Stay away from most of the RG series if you leave them stock. And even if you don't, the fact you'll be buying an OFR and the D-Tuna will easily go over the amount you could get for an Epi LP Std. Plus Top used.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
I don't really see the point since they're both somewhat in the same price range, but if you really have a problem with the way your les paul looks, go ahead.

The necks will feel different, the les paul I tried was decently thick, and my RG neck feels thin as hell, but I love it. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that the Edge III is a direct swap for an OFR, which is pretty nice. And chances are, your Edge III will break as the knife edge will wear out over time, depending on whammy use and such.

Agreed. If you do get the RG, most people will tell you the EdgeIII is crap. Just know that it will eventually wear out - I've heard people keep theirs for a couple years, which is still pretty short for a trem - and then you can get yourself an OFR.

I wouldn't swap though.