ok well i have a year old epiphone g400 and the neck pup is out(it was crap and didnt use it much) but the bridge is still goin strong and i find it decent for most punk rock, powerchord based stuff, but now i want something with more bite and better quality. definitly not buying a gibson, and not a squier either lol so hit me up with some suggestions. this might be vague but i dont play blues, all in the rock area so basically any all around decent guitars in 500-800 dollar range thanks(first post too)
ESP actually makes a great les paul style guitar (the EC series) and the 1000 model comes with either EMGs or Seymour Duncans, I'd go with the duncans imo.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
dude sg special its only 600 bucks comes in three colors as and its humbuckers are duncans

beauty sustain and harmonics
ironically, shecters and esp guitars are made in the same factories.

plus, the guy doesn't need emg's and they sound like SHIT for anything but hardcore and metal. too lifeless and stagnate as opposed to passives for rock.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I definitely play emgs, in the case that was directed at me...

:
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
ok soo thanks guys btw i really like the ec 1000 and that looks better for me than the schecter haha ;P but yea this thing is on its way to you now where lol
Quote by Morello is god
dude sg special its only 600 bucks comes in three colors as and its humbuckers are duncans

beauty sustain and harmonics

Umm...no. They're the same basic Gibson 490T 'bucker, and something else.

The Jackson DK2/M, ESP EC/MH/Viper (Viper if you're looking for another SG-shape), Schecter Hellraiser/Blackjack ATX, or an Ibanez RG are good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate