Hi all,got myself a yamaha f310 about 5 weeks ago to learn the acoustic guitar,straight out of the box the action seemed fine with no buzzing and not too sore on the fingers,but this last week and a half the action seems to have got higher,there is more buzzing and it hurts more when I play,anyone ideas to what the problem is?
Thanks in advance.
well i belive the problem is in the flux reactor. Call your local mechanic he should be able to fix it in a few days. Or your guitar may be messed up, just bring it in to a music store they'll know what to do, more than people on the internet with only a vague description of the problem.
well if the action has gotten higher, you should have less buzz....possibly you need to adjust your truss rod?.... perhaps the guitar has settled and needs readjusted
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Sounds like you're truss rod (steel rod that goes through the middle of the neck) might have turned a little. Take it to a guitar store and get them to wind it back if that's the case.
Thanks for the speedy replies guys,I will try and get it down to the store this weekend.
No... It's just getting colder. The action goes up a bit.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
No... It's just getting colder. The action goes up a bit.

It hasn't been getting colder here in Australia. But that problem still can occur in summer.
Quote by AlanHB
Sounds like you're truss rod (steel rod that goes through the middle of the neck) might have turned a little. Take it to a guitar store and get them to wind it back if that's the case.

The truss rod isn't going to just turn a little by itself, and winding it back certainly isn't the answer either.
Captivate is more than likely correct. Since buying his guitar, the TS has had no issues, until now, a short time later. The guitar most likely has gone through a period of adjusting to the environment that the owner keeps it in. Now, for this reason, his action is off. Temperature and humidity will effect the guitar, but not immediately. The best bet is to make sure that proper humidity and temperature levels are maintained year round to prevent these issues from developing in the first place.
Remember people, winter is on the way, which means, for most of us anyhow, that our guitars will need a little more TLC to keep them healthy. Winter air is dry air, everyone knows that. Humidify it.
truss rod only adjusts the backbow of the neck. not action
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I agree with captivate and LeftyDave here.

It looks like you're in London. I'm not sure what the weather is like across the pond this time of year, but I would imagine your seasons should be on about the same schedule as here since we're somewhat close together longitudely and definitely on the same side of the equator. If this is the case, give your guitar another 2-3 weeks to continue to adjust to the changing weather. After that, if you are still having problems with the action and fret buzzing, take it to a shop for a setup. Most guitars need a setup when they are new. It's totally normal.
I remember when my first guitar went through winter. That thing was a b**** to play My fingers were burning like hell. The action was already really high to begin with.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thanks again guys for the replies,I live in Northern Ireland so it's starting to get cold over here and I have had to put the heating on,so from your responses thats probably what it is,hopefully it will sort itself out.....by the way,great forum.