Poll: Do you get Jealous?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you get Jealous?
Of course!!
20 42%
Not at all!!
28 58%
Voters: 48.
Hey pit im wondering if you guys ever get jealous when you see a N00B guitarist with an really pricy equipment. For example my friend got his first guitar last Sunday and he got an ESP!! When my first guitar was a crappy Fender. Lol anyone feel the same way?
No. More power to him.

At the very least, no more jealous than I get when I see a proficient guitarist with nice gear. I mean, if you play a Gibson Les Paul Supreme in front of me, I'm going to be jealous no matter what you play.
no, it makes me happy to see other people with guitars. fellow rockers are awesome.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
not really. i know i will own a high end guitar at some point
You guys wanna have some group sex?
Quote by TDWP RULEZ D00D
Hey pit im wondering if you guys ever get jealous when you see a N00B guitarist with an really pricy equipment. For example my friend got his first guitar last Sunday and he got an ESP!! When my first guitar was a crappy Fender. Lol anyone feel the same way?

..\fender?
Crappy?

shame...

Eh it dont matter to me. I pwn him. with my fender.
Quote by TDWP RULEZ D00D
When my first guitar was a Fender which sounded crappy because I couldn't play it.

Fixed.

He has an ESP, but he probably rapes it, Prince has a $200 Hohner Telecaster and look what he can do with it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
No, not really. As long as I like my equipment, and they bought it because they liked the guitar and not because they wanted to look good, then there's no jealousy.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Masry
not really. i know i will own a high end guitar at some point

This
I get jealous when I see people like awesomepossum5 with really nice stuff even thought they cant play worth shit.
ಠ_ಠ
Not really "jealous", just slightly annoyed. I've have friends who buy Les Pauls (and other high-end axes) and then quit playing after a few months after learning that there's actually PRACTICE involved, and then they sell the guitar for half the price they bought it for...
They make cheap-ass guitars for a reason, ya know.
Oh I forgot to say that he wanted it only because it "looked kool" he knows squat about Guitar, but he is still my friend and will still teach him to play Smoke on the Water
Quote by TDWP RULEZ D00D
Lol its funny when you say I cant play when you've never seen me play

It's also funny when you get jealous over trivial things that no one cares about.

Actually, it's funnier.
Quote by goest
It's also funny when you get jealous over trivial things that no one cares about.

Actually, it's funnier.

If no one cares about it why are you here?
Quote by TDWP RULEZ D00D
If no one cares about it why are you here?

I figured the thread might actually have substance and a point. Alas, you have failed me in both arenas.
well my first guitar was a fender starcaster, and i had that for two years. then one of my friends, whose never played the guitar bought an esp-1000. but now i have a ibanez s5470 that he wants to have sex with every night, so ya.

moral of the story is, don't get jealous over such a matter.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
There's this one kid at school who's rich and his dad bought him a les paul and 3, count em, 3 amps, a marshall half-stack, ashdown half-stack, and fender combo. The kid totally sucks at guitar and singing, yet all the whiny kids at school love him and think he's great.

The part that annoys me is that he gets great guitars and amps from his daddy, and he gets to play his stupid little shows, while I have had to pay for all of my equipment, and have been using a microcube for the past 2 years and couldn't do any shows w/ my band. I finally saved up enought to buy a 5150 combo though, so things are going in my favor!
Quote by Graveworm
How much times have these posted?

Oh God that was painful. I think you mean, "How many times has this been posted?"

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
i might be jealous if you mentioned which ESP he got
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i notice this except its a kid who's band has no talent. they generally suck he refuses to write a song without a solo in it and generally refuses to make said solo.....fit. now yea they suck and yea their music sucks. but said kids dad has payed for a full PA, rack mount gear, mics and two amp heads (randall G3 and a marshal JCM800) as well as a cab. now the Pa mixers mics and rack gear are the only reason they get gigs LOTS OF THEM (probably 1 a week minimum). i know this for fact. and it shits me.
I am me. Live with it.