Well, after 9 months of working in a movie theatre (and b*tching about it a lot on The Pit), I finally found an easier and better paying job in retail. They hired me today, and I'm starting there in about 2 weeks.

So, I definitely am putting in my two-weeks-notice where I work. However, I've never done this. I was wondering how you guys would go about doing this. I've heard some people just go up and tell the manager, and some people write a letter, etc.

So any help?
go up to him and tell him its really not that hard

i told my boss i quit and he was kind of aggressive in trying to make me stay but honestly they cant stop you from quitting
Give them a note/letter saying that I am rendering my resignation, effective immeadiately.
I literally right, "Connors two weeks" on a piece of paper and hand it to them. Never had anyone complain before, got a few chuckles once.
I just put my two weeks in two weeks ago! Today was my last day!

I just said this is my two weeks, then gave them a piece of paper that said "I am putting in my resignation from "company name" effective on "date wanted." I would like to thank you for the experience, but I have found a job elsewhere.

Thanks,
"Sign here"
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
fap infront of the theater so they will fire you.
blahblahblahblahblahblah did you enjoy this?
I just walked up to my old boss and told him. Alternatively, you could eat him.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
When I quit Wal-Mart, they told me I was never allowed to work there again. EVER.

Good.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I'd recommend getting it in writing, but yeah, just write a brief resignation letter (a sentence), saying "effective immediately", and just work out your last 2 weeks.
Man, I wish I could quit my job at the movies, but I need to find a better one first

As for quitting, yea, just tell your manager or boss that you found a job that works out better for you and give them your two weeks. Good luck with your future job.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Two week notice, at a movie theater? What about your retirernment plan? Think about your retirernment plan man.
Quote by Steel8909
I just stopped showing up and eventually they got the point lol

Dont do this, leave on a good note. Burning bridges is a bad idea. Given you dont want to go back, but if you got fired or something happened with the retail job you would want to still be on good terms with your last employer.

Something along the lines of

"I regret to inform you of this, but as of (date that is about 2 weeks from the day you give it to them) I will no longer be able to work for you because I have been given a better opportunity elsewhere.

Sincerely, (your name)"
Last edited by NoBC14 at Oct 22, 2008,
"If this job was a booger I would have never picked it in the first place. Now that other nostril, that's where I have started picking."
Yea just talk to your manager in person then hand him an official looking letter. It is important to be on your companies good side when you quit that way you can use them for a reference in the future.

That being said I hate my job right now. I would love to quit in some dramatic fashion that would provide me with lots of laughs and story for my friends, unfortunately i am broke :-(.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by The Madcap
Well, after 9 months of working in a movie theatre (and b*tching about it a lot on The Pit), I finally found an easier and better paying job in retail. They hired me today, and I'm starting there in about 2 weeks.

So, I definitely am putting in my two-weeks-notice where I work. However, I've never done this. I was wondering how you guys would go about doing this. I've heard some people just go up and tell the manager, and some people write a letter, etc.

So any help?

Well Ive had 2 jobs plus my current one. Basically I just told my managers that this was my two weeks and they just said ok. Just dont do anything to damage your rep cause if someone calls them for a reference you will get a really bad one.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
**** you, **** you, **** you, your cool, and **** you, Im out.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
You: YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT.
Boss: I wasn't going to fire you.
You: FIRE ME? YOU CAN'T BECAUSE I JUST Quit *leaves*

Make sure to yell really loud
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I just got a new job and I'm doing a 2 weeks notice with the old. I told them on sunday that I was leaving and they were pretty aggressive in trying to get me to stay. I was making 8.75 (after many 25 cent raises..been there for 2 years) an hour working at a grocery store pushing carts, standing at a cash register all day, and working on the smelly bottle return where bums go to bring recycling for cash. This new job is a fancy catering place that is very clean and I'm starting at 10 dollars an hour cleaning tables, setting up parties, and maybe serving food. Also they are going to give me a lot of hours. I figure if I can do about 40 hours a week I can bring in 350 a week after taxes which is a pretty nice check. I'm also going to college now otherwise I'd obviously be seeking a real full time job.
Last edited by OpposingForce at Oct 22, 2008,
Write them a note, and then give it to a manager. Make sure you date it.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by brandon369852
I just put my two weeks in two weeks ago! Today was my last day!

I just said this is my two weeks, then gave them a piece of paper that said "I am putting in my resignation from "company name" effective on "date wanted." I would like to thank you for the experience, but I have found a job elsewhere.

Thanks,
"Sign here"

That's pretty much it. And when he talks to you about it, which he most likely will, ask for a reference for your resume.