Okay, I have a Randall RM100M with an SL+ module for the 2nd channel. I turned it on a moment ago and it had a very classic rock esque gain, whereas it usually sounds more like early Zakk Wylde (more oomph). But then, I flicked the bright switch, and it was as if the guitar's volume was turned from halfway all the way back up to full, and I got all the gain back.

Do you all think I had/have a loose preamp tube? Or is it another problem? It's set exactly as it was earlier at band practice when it was behaving normally.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i think bright switches on amps normally induce a bit more gain. Such as on heads like Hiwatt heads they have a bright channel (or is it a switch?) which is essentially a gainier channel used for getting more of a crunch.
No see, it's still very high gain without the bright switch. That switch just adds clarity.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores