pretty....
id never pick a guitar without trying it first hand. go find a store that carries it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i don't think its too bad, won't be the best guitar, but usually fender acoustics are pretty good, i would look at an ibanez tho, or washburn in that price range. prob get a better deal
Quote by TK1
pretty....
id never pick a guitar without trying it first hand. go find a store that carries it.

Of course I'll play it before I get it, even if everyone on here said it's better than a $3,000 Taylor. (long shot, lol.) But I'm just wondering if the action is good, if it's comfortable to play, stuff like that.
I don't see a solid top mentioned anywhere (which is a must), so if it doesn't have one, you should definitely try finding something else in that price range.
Quote by SneakySneaky
I don't see a solid top mentioned anywhere (which is a must), so if it doesn't have one, you should definitely try finding something else in that price range.

For playing guitar for 3 years, I don't really know much about how they're built compared to most guys... What is important about a solid top? What would it have if it didn't have a solid top?
Solid wood means that it's an actual whole plank of wood from a tree. If you don't get solid wood then you get some laminate crap. Solid wood is always what you aim for in terms of materials. You really don't want laminate. For this price range, you can easily get a solid top guitar. The top is the most important because the top of the guitar is where the vibrations are directly transferred to from the strings.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Solid wood means that it's an actual whole plank of wood from a tree. If you don't get solid wood then you get some laminate crap. Solid wood is always what you aim for in terms of materials. You really don't want laminate. For this price range, you can easily get a solid top guitar. The top is the most important because the top of the guitar is where the vibrations are directly transferred to from the strings.

Oh ok... That clears things up Since nothing is said on the website I'll check with the guys at guitar center or on Fender's website. Considering it does have a solid top, does it look like a decent guitar?
"The T-Bucket 300 CE is an dreadnought-cutaway model with a laminated quilt maple or flame maple top."

That's off the Fender site. What exactly does that mean?
quilting and flaming(lol, not that flaming) are just different patterns that the wood can possess. it occurs most often in maple(in the guitar world anyway).

Laminate is usually made by gluing together thin pieces of low grade wood in opposing grain directions. This makes the wood very strong. But herein lies the problem... it's TOO strong. it's so strong that it's not responsive to the string's energy transfer. The glue between each plank of wood also kills off some vibration as well. And as we know, an acoustic guitar is just a vibrating sound box of wood. Laminate hinders vibrations --> Crappy sound.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
quilting and flaming(lol, not that flaming) are just different patterns that the wood can possess. it occurs most often in maple(in the guitar world anyway).

Laminate is usually made by gluing together thin pieces of low grade wood in opposing grain directions. This makes the wood very strong. But herein lies the problem... it's TOO strong. it's so strong that it's not responsive to the string's energy transfer. The glue between each plank of wood also kills off some vibration as well. And as we know, an acoustic guitar is just a vibrating sound box of wood. Laminate hinders vibrations --> Crappy sound.

So you're basically saying, "Don't buy this guitar." ?
There are better choices, in my opinion.
Equipment:

I saw the $300 Takamine on that list, and was wondering, do you think this Fender would be equivalent?

I'm just wondering because I can be very particular about how guitars feel to me... and in case the Takamine doesn't fit me well I can try that Fender.
Fenders are generally "okay" guitars. Not amazing. If you really like it then go with the fender. The ones in the list are better choices though. There's a reason they're listed and the Fender is not.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Fenders are generally "okay" guitars. Not amazing. If you really like it then go with the fender. The ones in the list are better choices though. There's a reason they're listed and the Fender is not.

I understand what you mean, I guess I'm just being a little reluctant to check out guitars on that list because none of them have a cutaway. I found another Yamaha for $300 with a cutaway but it just says Spruce top, not if it's solid or laminated...
Just in case you get a Fender, may I suggest the fender sonoran sce. Don't know what's the difference quality-wise, but I'm just suggesting it because I think it's better looking.
Last edited by SneakySneaky at Oct 22, 2008,
almost all of those guitars in the list come with a cutaway version. also, trust me when I say that you won't be using the cutaway much anyway.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
almost all of those guitars in the list come with a cutaway version. also, trust me when I say that you won't be using the cutaway much anyway.

I can recall many times where I have needed a cutaway on my acoustic that I have now... and most of the guitars on that list that do have cutaway versions are a good bit more expensive than I can afford right now. And plus, that Sonoran looks rad as hell.
Fenders are generally crap. Get a solid wood guitar. Try Blueridge, or Revival or Stanford. They are relatively inexpensive and well made guitars.
I don't care what people say I have a Fender acoustic CE300 I love it the sound is good I tried a Washburn once it was OK I wasn't too crazy for it
The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams it's Heaven and Hell
Quote by Guitar Hack
Fenders are generally crap.

Hey now, I love my fender.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Fallen Syn
I don't care what people say I have a Fender acoustic CE300 I love it the sound is good I tried a Washburn once it was OK I wasn't too crazy for it

you were probably swayed by your love for fender's company name. then again their guitars are just okay, you could probably get the fender that costs 500 dollars that sounds and plays like a 100 dollar yamaha
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143