I want to remove the tone pot from the circut since I have never touched it (and never will) except to make sure it's at full tilt, but my question is do I just leave the capacitor in the ciruct or remove it completly so that it's like the pot was turned up?

Random info if you need it:
one tone control
2 volumes
Evo pickups both with their own push/pull series/parallel switches on the volumes

I just want to be rid of it.
Thanks
If you never use your tone control, you aren't getting the most out of that guitar....

Anyway, don't take it out, leave it there. It isn't in your way, is it?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I have many other guitars to play with this one is my stage guitar and 'my sound' has the tone all the way up and i tend to bump the tone pot when reaching my tremlo arm. Thought about just stuffing it inside and having a dummy knob there but there is just no room.
Last edited by FearTheDisabled at Oct 21, 2008,
if you remove the cap, the tone will be full tilt. that's the easiest way.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You could put in a no-load pot so that you'll still have the option of using the tone control but have the ability to bypass the cap completely by just leaving the knob at "10"
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by GravyFish
You could put in a no-load pot so that you'll still have the option of using the tone control but have the ability to bypass the cap completely by just leaving the knob at "10"
that won't help with the reason TS wants to do this:
Quote by FearTheDisabled
i tend to bump the tone pot when reaching my tremlo arm.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Remove the cap to ground or cut the tone pot with cap out of the circuit completely.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
what asfastasdark said

btw, asfastasdark...the mods told all the guys on otter's list to pull that from there sigs "cause its decieving and not recognised by the mods"....just fyi
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by asfastasdark
Remove the cap to ground or cut the tone pot with cap out of the circuit completely.

Do what AJK said, we can't have that in our sigs.

Anyway, either of the options that AFAD mentioned work.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Øttər
If you never use your tone control, you aren't getting the most out of that guitar....

Anyway, don't take it out, leave it there. It isn't in your way, is it?

not having the tone control can be quite usefull for having a cleaner more full tone. not a huge diference but little details make diferents sounds
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400