My amp has overdrive, distortion, metal and metal stack type switches. Do you still think it would be a good idea to buy some effects? Why, or why not?
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Roland 15x Cube
cubes don't take kindly to pedals. i'd look into a new amp first before you start with the effects pedals.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Modelling amps in general don't work well with pedals. If the 15x is anything like the microcube, then I'd say you would be much better off with a new amp.
If i go for a new AMP, then do most of the amps come with type switches like the 15x cube i have?
Or will the new amp have only the basic bass, mid, and treble and i'll need to use a distortion pedal with it?
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Roland 15x Cube
Depends on the amp. My Valve Junior has an on switch and 1 tone control. The modeling amps are going to have all kinds of settings. Standard amps without fx may just have Eq and overdrive. There are alot of options out there. It really depends on what your looking for.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by animesh_joshi
If i go for a new AMP, then do most of the amps come with type switches like the 15x cube i have?
Or will the new amp have only the basic bass, mid, and treble and i'll need to use a distortion pedal with it?

depending on the amp you might not need a distortion pedal. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend on an amp
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by animesh_joshi

Generally, amps with on-board effects and "modeling" are novelty pieces of junk.