Can I have Only one active pickup in a guitar without affecting sound in any way?

You know switch one pickup with an active one.

p.s. bonus question: I don't care for sweeps yet everyone I know plays them, should I conform and play sweeps or say screw it I am myself I do what I want.
are we talking one active one passive ? or just one pickup total and its active ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
you'd have greater output in one pickup, and it would change the tone of the pickup u switch out (switching the neck pickup would change the sound of the neck pickup soloed and neck/bridge or neck/middle joined, or neck/middle/bridge joined, depending on your guitar)

as for sweeps, **** em'.
i cant even play sweeps, damn clumsy fingers, i say do whatever YOU feel like doing.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by mikeyElite
are we talking one active one passive ? or just one pickup total and its active ?

one active one passive.
what i said still holds then
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by guitarded8one
one active one passive.

it's possible but overly complicated and in the end not worth it. i'd go for either one active(bridge obviously) or 2 passive.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
You'd need different volume & tone pots for each, but it's doable.
Do what you want. If you don't want to sweep, don't.
This is from EMG's website.
Can I mix EMG's with passive pickups?
It is possible to mix EMG's with passive pickups.
There are three possible wiring configurations; one is better than the other two.

Use the high impedance (250K-500K) volume and tone controls.
The problem is that the high impedance controls act more like a switch to the EMG's.
The passive pickups, however, will work fine.
If you have a guitar with two pickups and two volume pots, with a three-way switch, there is another alternative.
Use the 25K pots for the EMG, and the 250K or 500k pots for the passive pickup.
This way you can use one or the other with no adverse affects,
but with the switch in the middle position the passive pickup will have reduced gain and response.

Use the low-impedance (25K) volume and tone controls provided with the EMG's.
The problem here is that the passive pickups will suffer a reduction in gain and loss of high-frequency response.

This is the best alternative.
Install an EMG-PA-2 on the passive pickups. There are two benefits to doing this.
With the trimpot on the PA-2, you can adjust the gain of the passive pickups to match the EMG's.
The PA-2 acts as an impedance matching device so you can use the low-impedance EMG controls (25K) without affecting the tone
of the passive pickups.
You will also be able to use other EMG accessory circuits such as the SPC, RPC, EXB, EXG, etc.
For this application, we recommend ordering the PA-2 without the switch for easy installation on the inside of a guitar.
I actually asked a few guitar techs about this and it's very much so doable. According to each one of them, you can't use both pickups at the same time, which wouldn't bother me because I never use both at the same time. Ever listen to Dimmu Borgir? While Galder was still with Jackson, he swapped out the bridge pickup of his King V with an EMG-81 and kept the neck pickup stock. I'll try to get a pick of it.

EDIT: Here we go, found one.