Alright lets start off in saying that I am looking to start actually playing the guitar. Right now my little brother has a 200 dollar Jackson guitar that he never plays and i'm sick of the Rockband/ Guitar Hero stuff. I really want to play what I am listening to. I am a left handed guitar player making things sort of difficult. The amp he has right now is too small and it makes it sound like a stand tuning guitar which I am not looking for. I want the heavy metal sound such as All That Remains, Trivium, ect. What do you think I should buy for an amp and distortion pedal and what to do with the whole guitar thing. Should I just buy a left handed guitar or what. Any input would really help out, thanks!
wait.... the amp makes it sound like standard tuning? the tuning makes it sound like standard tuning... lots of metal is in drop D, do that if u want the tuning to sound different, it's not the amp
Quote by K Dizzle
wait.... the amp makes it sound like standard tuning? the tuning makes it sound like standard tuning... lots of metal is in drop D, do that if u want the tuning to sound different, it's not the amp

Wait, you can't tune an amp, boyoi!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by K Dizzle

Also D standard.

Also the proper forum.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by brandon369852
Wait, you can't tune an amp, boyoi!

that's what i'm saying, he's sayin the amp makes the tuning sound like that, and it's not
Man, you need a PRS guitar for sure, they're actually the only company that actually produces left-hand guitars.

Also, Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MkII is the way to go for a beginner amp.
signatures are budget.
You should probably get a lefty guitar, though there are leftys who play right-handed. Budget for guitar and amp? You're probably getting a modeling amp, so don't worry about a distortion pedal, or any pedals, for a while. It's best if you have some experience under your belt first.
I have to ask. I see you haven't been very active, but you've been a member for a year and a half and you don't play? What gives?
Quote by K Dizzle
that's what i'm saying, he's sayin the amp makes the tuning sound like that, and it's not

Oh yes, of course. The guitar makes the noise, the amp just makes it louder.

*reported*
Follow me on Twitter
trivium plays dean guitars, theyre alright, i like ibanez myself

take away your brothers jackson, and go hendrix-goes-metal-style-ish

Really, when you first start, your amp should be a peice anyways, as youll suck just as bad through a mesa full stack, so save the money and get that roland cube

as for effects, multi-effect processers are great if your beginning, but still cost a good couple of hunder dollars

i would find out if you dig the guitar before going too crazy
WAIT the AMP sounds like its in standard tuning I hope thats a typo
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Kenny_Fever
Man, you need a PRS guitar for sure, they're actually the only company that actually produces left-hand guitars.

Also, Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MkII is the way to go for a beginner amp.

PRS is not the way to go for beginner guitars...at all...
Quote by goest
PRS is not the way to go for beginner guitars...at all...

Nor is a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MkII the place to start for amplification...

it was sarcasm. lol?
signatures are budget.
Quote by brandon369852

*reported*

wait... did u report me?
Quote by K Dizzle
wait... did u report me?

No, wrong forum.

STOP POSTING
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852

*reported*

Look at his profile. 14 posts in a year and a half. I'm inclined to believe him, the amp's probably light on the bass and really thin sounding, so probably a really crap starter amp. It could sound "higher" to an untrained ear, in the sense that you don't feel the low tuning as well from said crap amps. Tones, not pitch.
Chill out.
Alright guys I will just make a new thread, sorry about that. To answer whoever asked about me not being active, I had a question for on how to tune. I was going to play back last year until my job started taking all of my time. Right now during the winter is when I want to learn the basics and get a feel for it. That was a type about the amp making it sound like standard tuning. I meant that I want to have the distortion sound and something that sounds good with the amp I am going to get. The amp i have now just sounds so old school and it's no fun playing because of the sound not sounding anything like a song I try to learn. I have a decent amount of money and plan to get an amp on black friday or something. What do you guys recomend for metal?
Quote by Nightfyre
Look at his profile. 14 posts in a year and a half. I'm inclined to believe him, the amp's probably light on the bass and really thin sounding, so probably a really crap starter amp. It could sound "higher" to an untrained ear, in the sense that you don't feel the low tuning as well from said crap amps. Tones, not pitch.
Chill out.

watch out, if u post, that guy's gonna report u....

apparently he's on his period