I have a guitar technique question, i guess. (not sure this is in the right forum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DvlYv5RrVQ

at 1:38 in this video, Brian May makes some kind gun-reloading-like sound with his guitar. Now how in the name of delicious sausages does he do that? Does anyone know?
Maybe he means the noise at the start?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Or any kind of amp with a footswitch.

Or, i can produce that sound by tapping on the area right around my pickups.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
Or any kind of amp with a footswitch.

Or, i can produce that sound by tapping on the area right around my pickups.

no not really, i only had this issue with mesa. all my other amps don't have this issue, one of mesa's flaws is that their amp built up a static discharge when turned on. therefore it gives off a loud explosive pop when switching the channel.
Quote by kckyle
obviously you haven't play a mesa. one of mesa's flaws is that their amp built up a static discharge when turned on. therefore it gives off a loud explosive pop when switching the channel.

I OWN a Mesa for one, for two, that popping noise is barely noticable when i switch channels. I can hear it quite loudly when i switch it from standby to on, or if i dont warm up my amp properly.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by Rakatung
I have a guitar technique question, i guess. (not sure this is in the right forum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DvlYv5RrVQ

at 1:38 in this video, Brian May makes some kind gun-reloading-like sound with his guitar. Now how in the name of delicious sausages does he do that? Does anyone know?

I haven't watched the video, but probably some sort of effect pedal that he modulates and probably does something ambiguous on guitar (i.e. tap pick-ups, toggle back and forth pickup selector, vibrato).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by p o e
I OWN a Mesa for one, for two, that popping noise is barely noticable when i switch channels. I can hear it quite loudly when i switch it from standby to on, or if i dont warm up my amp properly.

i OWNED two mesa for one. for two that popping noise is LOUD and VERY NOTICEABLE when switching channels when i did warm up my amp properly.