B.C. Rich Warlock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ive heard for a long time that Warlocks are no good and are very crappy. Well, one of my friends is trying to sell me his for $100, and im not totally sure if this is a deal i should go after. Should i snag this deal or hold my money for something better?
What you have heard is generally correct. But if you are a beginner and want a better guitar than whatever your starter guiter is, go for it if you like the tone.

What's your skill level / what type of music do you play? And what type of warlock is it? If I remember right, there are several types and they go from like $200 to like $800. $100 is a pretty good price for a higher-end Warlock in decent condition (assuming it is in decent condition).

Of if you want to be really cheap, call a store and ask them how much they'll buy it for, and you can always buy it off your friend and sell it if you hate it if it's more than $100.
bc rich are lame.
If you want to look like someone who cares more about what their guitar looks like, rather than how it plays and sounds, go ahead.
They aren't good, but hey...I own an F-250...I just like how it feels. play it, and if you like the feel go for it.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
They look retarded. But if you don't mind that and like the sound I'd say go for it.

(Seriously though, they look so dumb....)
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
depends on the series. i own an nj series warlock, and i love it. slapped some emgs in that thing and now it sounds good too. i wouldn't go for anything lower than that though, even for $100, because as you go down, the quality gets really bad. i would just save the money until you can get something that'll play and sound better, cause crappy guitars don't do anyone any good.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
To any BC rich naysayers. May I remind that Chuck Shuldiner and Muhammad Suicmez both played Stealth's at one time?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Stock, they are crap, as they are nearly unplayable (at least the one I modified for my GF). However, after putting some lower profile locking studs on the bridge, it became a new guitar and plays great. I did other modifications, but that is the only necessary one to make them good guitars, and it is very cheap to do.

[ignore the college room mess - old pic now]

Perhaps it will look better near one of my amps (posing with the first guitar I ever got back in '95)

Last edited by 4regt4 at Oct 22, 2008,
Bronze series NAY

Old school 80's BC RICH YAY
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by tona_107
bc rich are lame.
If you want to look like someone who cares more about what their guitar looks like, rather than how it plays and sounds, go ahead.

if you want to be a member of the UG bandwagon, listen to tona_107.

How experienced are you with guitars? if you like the feel, go for it. my $300 metalmaster plays like a beast with the EMG's i stuck in. its got a nice set-up, and is really built to last.
Quote by restless_thrash
if you want to be a member of the UG bandwagon, listen to tona_107.

How experienced are you with guitars? if you like the feel, go for it. my $300 metalmaster plays like a beast with the EMG's i stuck in. its got a nice set-up, and is really built to last.

If you are more innovative than Chuck Shuldiner (Death) or Muhammad Suicmez (Necrophagist) I guess you could logically say these things. . . . but the chances of that are slim. . . . Just saying, a guitar is only as good as the person holding it. . . . and for some reason a lot of Crappy guitarists (For example, Meegs Rascon, Coal Chamber) pick up BC Rich. . . . but a few truly amazing have as well.

It's pretty shallow to judge a guitar based on most of the Guitarists playing them. Truly how many in this thread have played a BC Rich that costed more than 1k USD? The Stealth models play like a dream and they run around 2k USD. . . . As for the American Made Warlocks and Mockingbirds. Sweet. . . . . Some of their guitars are about has hard to play sitting down as a Les Paul or Flying V though. . . . I have so much trouble sitting down and playing guitars. . . except for strat style bodys. . . . and personally, the vast Majority of strat's suck, but for some reason people don't dog them the same way because Jimi Hendrix was popular for playing them, even though before his untimely death he had switched to Gibson flying V's and Les Pauls.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

Last edited by notsee at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by notsee
To any BC rich naysayers. May I remind that Chuck Shuldiner and Muhammad Suicmez both played Stealth's at one time?

The Stealth is a fantastic model. First time I saw it I was like "wtf 1 pickup?" but then I saw it was an X2N. BC Rich do make some very good guitars, but they're almost all at $1000+. I would never get a Warlock, but one day I will get a Stealth.
It really doesn't matter. If you like the feel and the tone you can pull out of it, go for it. $100 for a B.C. Rich anything is a pretty good deal; I generally see em' used for about $120+. However, it all boils down to you. If it's in good shape and more importantly if it feels comfortable to you, then go for it. Guitar selection is a very personal choice, you'll always get an assortment of yays and nays. Ultimately you're the one who has to live with it.

If it's an option, ask your friend if you can borrow it for a week and really spend some sit down time with it. You'll know it a little more intimately and you'll be able to make a better decision, and one that suits you specificly.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by tigerking615
The Stealth is a fantastic model. First time I saw it I was like "wtf 1 pickup?" but then I saw it was an X2N. BC Rich do make some very good guitars, but they're almost all at $1000+. I would never get a Warlock, but one day I will get a Stealth.

Sir, just so you know, they are about to start mass producing the Chuck Shuldiner Signature series. . . . I still get pissed off at insurance companies everytime I think about his death and how they would do nobody else any different.
Quote by paranoid joker