clearly the mods r noobs and have no idea what they are talking about wen they say that trivium are metalcore along with various other bands. listen to their music and you might think otherwise. oh and avenged sevenfold metalcore.. clearly there last album was almost country lmao. retards
Ya....
Maybe it's because Trivium ARE metalcore.
Maybe they're not the noobs.
Reported. Get out.
Last edited by tona_107 at Oct 22, 2008,
Get back under your bridge.

They're considered metalcore by this forum's rules because their early releases were metalcore. They draw their fanbase largely from 14 year olds who listen mostly to MTV metalcore and MTV emo. Thus they go in the Hardcore forum, where they only get flamed by one of the smaller boards, instead of one of the biggest. It's mostly a traffic issue, ultimately.

TLDR: ALL CRAPPY METAL IS METALCORE.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by mudswitch
clearly the mods r noobs and have no idea what they are talking about wen they say that trivium are metalcore along with various other bands. listen to their music and you might think otherwise. oh and avenged sevenfold metalcore.. clearly there last album was almost country lmao. retards

mods > you.

Trivium's first few albums were metalcore.

Not that it matters, because they absolutely blow monkey nuts. Get the **** out

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Would you rather have the fags (you know the sorta person who takes death metal or grindcore very seriously) who complain about them or just have them in another forum
Quote by mudswitch

wow. you're off to a great start.

bravo.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

You can complain without any credibility or just accept that they very much blow really hard and shouldn't be here anyways.
Quote by STABxYOU
They draw their fanbase largely from 14 year olds who listen mostly to MTV metalcore and MTV emo. Thus they go in the Hardcore forum, where they only get flamed by one of the smaller boards, instead of one of the biggest. It's mostly a traffic issue, ultimately.

Holy shit I love you!
YUW YUW YUW!

So? Your xbox got ****ed? I have wet dreams about my dog. The world is in perfect balance.
trivium are freakin awesome.

they are metalcore-ish tho..

id consider shogun metal...
MD5K
IBANEZ
Ok, I also consider Trivium to be metal. Do you, threadstarter, really think that this is the way of getting them accepted here? Because of jerks like you we are not getting any closer of having a Trivium thread here. Thank you.
It really does not matter if you think there metal or not. Mods have decided they go into the hardcore forum. Bottom line. What is so damn hard to understand about it? I actually like a few trivium songs, but if I want to talk about them ill go to the god damn hardcore forum.
Quote by TORSION
trivium are freakin awesome.
l...

lol they're really not

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
they're an homage band that's being passed off as the real thing. End of discussion kthx

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Started reading threads thinking "Hey, Maybe...just maybe some people on this website have matured" and after 5 mins I am ready to stop again. Despite how great the metal community is, the whole "My opinion is set in stone FACT" attitude is sickening.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
they're an homage band that's being passed off as the real thing. End of discussion kthx

^ This person has not listened to Shogun, or maybe he has listened to it and didn't get it.

But I agree with Ozzy87_2, I seriously doubt we'll get a Trivium thread any time soon in the metal forum, just because of the fact that the majority of it will be filled with flaming and people who have jumped on the Metalcore hating bandwagon. It's funny how it's cool to hate other bands now if it's popular to do so...
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz

It's funny how it's cool to hate other bands now if it's popular to do so...

i think that is the main problem
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And no, it's not an I hate Metalcore thing. Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying are among my favorite bands.

It's a Trivium are hyped up bullshit over nothing thing.

Also, METAL****INGCORE FORUM.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Not going to lie I saw them live and they rocked a hell of a lot harder then some other metal bands I've seen, like Megadeth and Opeth... To be honest with the release of shogun they have earned the right to be called metal. Weither the people in this forum want to call them metal or not it's the god to honest truth. Plus they have more incommen with Thrash then any other genre which also has hardcore influences...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Thebiz
^ This person has not listened to Shogun, or maybe he has listened to it and didn't get it.

But I agree with Ozzy87_2, I seriously doubt we'll get a Trivium thread any time soon in the metal forum, just because of the fact that the majority of it will be filled with flaming and people who have jumped on the Metalcore hating bandwagon. It's funny how it's cool to hate other bands now if it's popular to do so...

I love people who are so sure of that. Did it occur to you that so many people hate them because their music is astonishingly bad?

And Emenius, an homage band? You're giving them much more credit than they deserve.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by mudswitch

rofl my waffles
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Mind Kill
IT'S STILL THE WRONG FUCKING FORUM. LOCK THIS SHIT.
I freaking hate Trivium.

Why?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by dead-fish
I love people who are so sure of that. Did it occur to you that so many people hate them because their music is astonishingly bad?

And Emenius, an homage band? You're giving them much more credit than they deserve.

I"m an optimist

EDIT: fine, a cover band

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM