I am in a need to get a smallish combo amp for a class i am subbing for at least the next six months. the amp has to be 30w or less, must a have a wide range if tones (i.e. Clean - High gain), Price is set on 200-300 USD.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Roland micro cube

If i get bashed for this, fine but trust me this tiny amp is awesome for satisfying your needs. Small 10w `powerful and its got lots of tone/Od options
Gibson sg special ebony
Boss Gt-10
Roland microcube
marshall mg10

Merry birthday jesus
that roland microcube is what the students are using in the class since they can be replaced if damaged for cheap. but i'm looking for a amp that closer to 30 watts since i can be heard while the kids pluck random strings.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
it's only a 5 watter against thirty-three ten watters. no its not good choice since at my local shop they only sell pink instead of black.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Pintara_jackson
it's only a 5 watter against thirty-three ten watters. no its not good choice since at my local shop they only sell pink instead of black.

There is a minuscule difference in volume between a 5 watt amp and a 10 watt amp - so small it is unnoticable.

Get a Roland cube of some sort, something in the Vox Valvetronix series, or a Peavey Vypyr. Those are the only amps that sound good in your price range that are going to get you decent cleans to loads of gain.
I agree with pretty much everything said in the above post. Vypyr, Valvetronix or a 30W Cube are your best bet.
30w Vypyr imo. Great range of tones! and only $199
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Used classic 30.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

The classic 30 has a fair bit of gain... and you could use it as a worthy second amp, as opposed to buying a modeller and never using it again.
You could also stick your Zakk Wylde overdrive in front of it, if need be.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

super champ xd, just compare it to the other modelers and you'll see why

preemptive flame edit: sub 300 dollar modelers
Last edited by pak1351 at Oct 22, 2008,
i've got the the lessons for the class i'm teaching and most of the song require really high gain since the teacher was going through genre and sub genre of music so i going to try out the Vox line of amps at the local shop.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by injected
not versatile enough...

the classic 30 isnt either.

He's much better off with a good modeler.

Why have you guys only recommended the micro cube? Sheesh. Cube 30 or Cube 60, your call!

What are these amps good for?

I've been semi interested in them.
UG's AC/DC Lover