I don't quite remember the chord names and their forms and I need help on Cm - Bbm - Eb. I don't quite know those chords yet, and I need them to learn a song. Mind helping out a clueless newbie?
Cm would be...starting with the A string (4-6-6-5-0). Bm would be (2-4-4-3-0) and E is (2-2-1-0-0)
Try:

Cm: 8-10-10-8-8-8
Bbm: 6-8-8-6-6-6
Eb: x-6-8-8-8-6

That's running from low E to high e.

EDIT:

Dammit, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. Fixed.
Last edited by DasFishy at Nov 26, 2008,
try Cm: x-3-1-0-1-x
Bbm: x-1-3-3-2-1
EbM: x-(1)-1-0-4-(3)

Maybe not ethical but all first position chords this way, despite the fact that I rooted the Eb on the 5th, so you could do it without any of the notes with parenthesis around them..
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Last edited by notsee at Oct 22, 2008,
The above are pretty much all wrong.

Cm is x35543
Bbm is x13321
Eb is x68886
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Everyone so far has been wrong in one way or another except Samothomas. His chords are accurate and common voicings.
Quote by tom183
Everyone so far has been wrong in one way or another except Samothomas. His chords are accurate and common voicings.

Yup, were the others on acid?

Quote by PinoyxRockar
I don't quite remember the chord names and their forms and I need help on Cm - Bbm - Eb. I don't quite know those chords yet, and I need them to learn a song. Mind helping out a clueless newbie?

By the way....

you really should learn how to construct chords and where you can find them on the neck, it's not that difficult.

Hope you heard about major, minor being 1 3 5 and 1 b3 5. With that knowledge you can come a long way. And i hope you know to find the notes on the neck, like E string being E open, 1st fret F, 2nd fret F# and so on. Those combined you can play 90% of all chords. For example the Cm. It's minor so 1 b3 5 = C D# G. Of course you can
try to find those notes on the neck, but actually there are standard patterns for these:

In this case don't mind the open D minor, it's about the barré-chords.
You can see that Em is fretting A and D string 2nd fret with other strings open.
If you 'slide' this up, Fm would be fretting A and D string 3 fret with other strings on 1st fret (barré, F#m would be fretting A and D string 4 fret with other strings on
2nd fret and so on.

So far for the minor chords with their root on the E string. Lets have a look at the minor chords with their root on A string: Am = D and G 2nd fret, B first fret.
A#m would be D and G 3rd fret, B second and so on.

Major chords are almost the same except they have: 1 3 5, so you need to make
the third one semitone higher, translated to the neck: one fret up.

Check the A, E, F and B chords. See if you notice the change.
Last edited by deHufter at Oct 22, 2008,
The others were all wrong, how? Explain that to me. A C minor triad is C-Eb-G and Bb minor triad is Bb-Db-F and an Eb major triad is Eb-G-Bb. . . . And the scale harmony it would be under is a C Phrygian modal concept which could also be referred to as Ab Major. . . . any way you would like to contest that?

Oh possibly because I was giving the chords, not the barre chord version. . . Sorry.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

The others were all wrong, how? Explain that to me.

a2pbo05's Cm is actually a C#m. His Bm is actually a Bmadd11 which is unimportant since the threadstarter asked for a Bbm. And he gave an E where he shouldve given an Eb.

Dasfishy's minor chords are actually major chords.

Notsee's chords are correct. I either misread earlier or you have edited your post since.
Quote by tom183

Notsee's chords are correct. I either misread earlier or you have edited your post since.

All truth and honesty, because I'm not too much of a douche like that. I flubbed on one chord. . . . I allowed an E(natural) to be held in the C minor chord. . . . but I fixed it for you. I honestly didn't notice it oh well, served me right for being so sure of myself.
Quote by paranoid joker

Cm would be...starting with the A string (4-6-6-5-0). Bm would be (2-4-4-3-0) and E is (2-2-1-0-0)

The first one would be C#m if the last fret was 4. Same goes for the Bm and that's E. TS asked for Cm and Bbm (B flat) and Ebm (E flat).

Cm: 8-10-10-9-8-8 <- should be 8-10-10-8-8-8
Bbm: 6-8-8-7-6-6 <- should be 6-8-8-6-6-6
Eb: x-6-8-8-8-6 <- correct

try Cm: x-3-1-0-1-x
Bbm: x-1-3-3-2-1
EbM: x-(1)-1-0-4-(3)

Maybe not ethical but all first position chords this way, despite the fact that I rooted the Eb on the 5th, so you could do it without any of the notes with parenthesis around them..

^^ this looks correct, but only the B-flat-minor is a barre chord, the others are just the chords (which of course is still "fine").
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer