i forgot the name of the song of this one riff i keep playing from pantera
it goes something like...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------7--7----------------------------
-----3-4-5---5---5---5---5-5-5---5---5---3-4-5---5---5---5--5----------------------------

then repeat for a couple measures in the beginning
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
wow, I love pantera but I've never seen, nor played anything like that....all I can think of is that it partially looks like it could be a riff from F***ing Hostile, but it's not played like that..... it's like this

e|----------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------|
B|----------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------|
G|----------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------|
D|----------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------|
A|-7--7--7-7-7--7--7--7-7-7-5-|-7--7--7-7-7--7--7--7--7-7-7-5-|-----------|
E|-5--5--5-5-5--5--5--5-5-5-3-|-5--5--5-5-5--5--5--5--5-5-5-3-|-----------|

e|---------|------------------|-------------------------------------------|
B|---------|------------------|-------------------------------------------|
G|---------|------------------|-------------------------------------------|
D|-------5-|------------/7--7-|-------------------------------------------|
A|-3-2-3-3-|-0-0-0-0-0-0----5-|-------------------------------------------|
E|-5-4-1---|------------------|-------------------------------------------|
could be Mouth for War,
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
nah, it's not mouth for war cuz mouth for war's played completly differant...I know my pantera pretty good and I played that tab on my guitar and I still can only come up with a poor attempt at F***ing Hostile, but whatever it is, you're playing it wrong
Thats not like any pantera song ive heard. lol tuning would be good and maybe a recording?
YES its Mouth For War, sorry for not tabbing it right. i was just noodling and thought that riff sounded exactly like one song i heard from pantera.
thanks
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Last edited by slayer_zero at Oct 22, 2008,
dude, I dont know, but if thats how you're playing it you should look up the tabs and learn the right way