Page 1 of 4
Heres my list of stuff to get before 2010.

BOSS GE-7 EQ
Line 6 Pocket POD
Epiphone LP Standard
Vox Valvatronix (maybe)
Some kind of OD

I might get an '82 fender but its starting to seem doubtful

What stuff do you guys plan to get in the next 14 months?
Handmade guitar - there is a local luthier that makes pretty nice stuff and he runs week long one on one courses for about £450

Some form of recording equipment, nothing special.
Laney VC30 112
Ibanez TS9 or Digitech Bad Monkey depending on my financial situation
An EQ pedal of some sort
Well, I just got the GT-10B recently so that's knocked off my list, and I'm happy with the amp i bought earlier this year, but I guess I am still looking to upgrade my basses. I'm thinking I might get 2 LTD basses sometime towards the end of next year, a 4-string and a 5-string. That said, I wanna buy a 16 gig SD card for my zen at some point, so I may not be able to afford the guitars as early as that.
MXR 10-Band EQ
TS-808 Tubescreamer
EHX Small Clone Chorus
MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Those last two are a *probably*.

I might change them but they're looking good now.

And might I recommend you ditch the GE-7, it really sucks. I almost bought one but then I actually tried it and it added so much noise and was not nearly as versatile as the 10 band EQ I tried after. Try the MXR 10 band some time.
Quote by injected
MXR 10-Band EQ
TS-808 Tubescreamer
EHX Small Clone Chorus
MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Those last two are a *probably*.

I might change them but they're looking good now.

And might I recommend you ditch the GE-7, it really sucks. I almost bought one but then I actually tried it and it added so much noise and was not nearly as versatile as the 10 band EQ I tried after. Try the MXR 10 band some time.

Already ordered it. I dont care about noise, I have a DIY noise gate lying around somewhere...
I'd love to get a 3rd ax. Then I would have a 3 guitars for the main 3 tunings is use. And I want something with a cool body. Maybe an LTD Ex series. Or even a V series.
Chris

"Deep Blue" 29th June 2010

SO PUMPED FOR MISERY SIGNALS, JULY 3RD
Quote by Revenger#11
I'd love to get a 3rd ax. Then I would have a 3 guitars for the main 3 tunings is use. And I want something with a cool body. Maybe an LTD Ex series. Or even a V series.

Well I'm hoping i do end up getting the '82 fender and the Les Paul for the same reasons.

Less Paul tuned down half a step, EX-50 tuned down to drop D and the Fender in standerd
The Vox and the Fender are only maybes though.

Oh about the LTD EX series: don't get the EX-50. Its not a bad guitar, but the stock pickups are shit. Get the EX-200 if you can afford it.
Quote by Final !mpact
Heres my list of stuff to get before 2010.

BOSS GE-7 EQ
Line 6 Pocket POD
Epiphone LP Standard
Vox Valvatronix (maybe)
Some kind of OD

I might get an '82 fender but its starting to seem doubtful

What stuff do you guys plan to get in the next 14 months?

I would advise getting a better EQ than the GE-7...I own one, and without going into detail, it is terrible.
Quote by 4regt4
I would advise getting a better EQ than the GE-7...I own one, and without going into detail, it is terrible.

Already ordered it. Whats wrong with it?
Vox AD50VT
Peavey Classic 50
a Yamaha classical guitar
a Guild acoustic
Laney LA- 65C acoustic amp
a Prestige Ibanez
and lastly, a Gretsch Catalina club drumset

it's all funded and i'm near my goal.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
epiphone les paul standard or ibanez s320
boss me-50
i'm gettin' a buttload of money of insurance, cause i broke my finger at school(really badly, might forever be misshaped)
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
a g and l asat (borrowing them off a mate on monday so maybe by the end of next week )
some pedals
will also probably change my amp
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
EMG ZW pickup set
possibly new amp, haven't decided yet, are any of the marshalls or randalls good for heavy metal/hard rock?
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by mitythor666
EMG ZW pickup set
possibly new amp, haven't decided yet, are any of the marshalls or randalls good for heavy metal/hard rock?

fender frontman 15g FTW!!!
well no, i hear mesa boogie are good for those types of music(although my fender fr.15g is pretty good for it)
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by Nesha Strah
epiphone les paul standard or ibanez s320
boss me-50
i'm gettin' a buttload of money of insurance, cause i broke my finger at school(really badly, might forever be misshaped)

Picking hand finger, I assume?
I'm planning on upgrading my rig a fair bit.
Bugera 333xl
Bass cab
Bass guitar (I might do it as a first guitar build project)
OD pedal wah and possibly flanger.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by michal23
Picking hand finger, I assume?

actually no
its the fretting one
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by Nesha Strah
actually no
its the fretting one

That sucks. Well there's this Jazz player, can't remember his name, who had his two fingers chopped off, and still played amazingly. Not to mention Tony Iommi had the end of two of his fingers chopped off. Maybe it'll get you better?
Quote by michal23
That sucks. Well there's this Jazz player, can't remember his name, who had his two fingers chopped off, and still played amazingly. Not to mention Tony Iommi had the end of two of his fingers chopped off. Maybe it'll get you better?

ye, the therapy is working, and it's the pinky who is broken
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
A TS-9 and an ENGL Fireball...

My whole list will be complete in roughly 8 weeks...

After that I guess I'll pick up a rack tuner, rack noise gate and rack compressor...

And if all goes well I'll organize a custom shop ESP...
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Final !mpact
Already ordered it. Whats wrong with it?

Then I guess you'll find out. Though it makes for a very unnatural, digital sounding tone (and it is very noisy). The on-board EQ on my Mesa Mk IV has absolutely no odd effect on the tone and adjusts the frequenices perfectly. The GE-7 is very particular, and the bands don't work very independently--most settings will just be a mess (creating a digital farting sound I'd say). It is possible to get usable sounds out of it, but it isn't as versatile as an EQ should be.

EDIT: There is always the possibility that I have a bad one. Not all Boss pedals are made alike, and some often have problems. The first Boss Octave pedal I had gotten before switching it out wouldn't track properly at all (a common problem).
Last edited by 4regt4 at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by 4regt4
Then I guess you'll find out. Though it makes for a very unnatural, digital sounding tone (and it is very noisy). The on-board EQ on my Mesa Mk IV has absolutely no odd effect on the tone and adjusts the frequenices perfectly. The GE-7 is very particular, and the bands don't work very independently--most settings will just be a mess (creating a digital farting sound I'd say). It is possible to get usable sounds out of it, but it isn't as versatile as an EQ should be.

EDIT: There is always the possibility that I have a bad one. Not all Boss pedals are made alike, and some often have problems. The first Boss Octave pedal I had gotten before switching it out wouldn't track properly at all (a common problem).

I think you might have a dud. I played one at a shop and I've heard nothing but good things.
ESP Horizon FR-II maybe
Quote by michal23

Django Reinhardt?
Quote by Final !mpact
Well I'm hoping i do end up getting the '82 fender and the Les Paul for the same reasons.

Less Paul tuned down half a step, EX-50 tuned down to drop D and the Fender in standerd
The Vox and the Fender are only maybes though.

Oh about the LTD EX series: don't get the EX-50. Its not a bad guitar, but the stock pickups are shit. Get the EX-200 if you can afford it.

Umm, I can understand having an extra guitar for different tunings, but for drop D and standard E?

Cmon now.
Either fix up my old strat, or buy a Fender Classic Player 50's

Gibson SG/a Hollowbody of some sort.

That's pretty much it.
Quote by injected
Umm, I can understand having an extra guitar for different tunings, but for drop D and standard E?

Cmon now.

Les Paul for crunchy rock tones, fender for nice cleans.
New cab, New OD pedal (might build my own), Carvin X60B head please.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Another Tiny Terror
MXR 10-band EQ
a new recording interface (porobably going to be one of those firewire mixers)
some more mics (Rode NT1)
Decent Headphones
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
I want to build a pedalboard and buy a new amp, most likely something Orange. I've got a Morley coming but I still want a Vox wah, and I found a magenta LTD I've been eyeballin' for some time now.
You're*
Before the end of next year I will have

RJM RJ16 for pedal switching within a rack
A rack drawer for the pedals
Foxrox Octron
MI Audio Tube Zone
A new MIDI pedal of some description
My Agile Intrepid Pro 8 string which I've already paid half of

Also, if Jackson come out with the rumoured 7 string Soloist, you can bet your life I will own one

Other than that, I may get a bit of extra recording gear (maybe a UAD card, and another mic or two), but I am more likely to want to save for a mortgage after I've got all that (am currently, just slowly)
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Another Tiny Terror
MXR 10-band EQ
a new recording interface (porobably going to be one of those firewire mixers)
some more mics (Rode NT1)
Decent Headphones

Why two tiny terrors?
Quote by Final !mpact
Why two tiny terrors?

Because layered amps > single amps

+ i cant afford a big amp
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
An Akai Headrush
Devi Ever Cherry Pop
Some kind of distortion, im thinking an LM308 rat or some kind of clone
A practice amp of some sort too for jamming
And new pups for my tele and jag
So far, in no particular order...

Morley wah.
A boost pedal of some kind.
ISP Decimator.
This loop pedal.
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Because layered amps > single amps

+ i cant afford a big amp

Why not get two different amps to get a different sound? Like that guy that plays through a marshal JCM 800 and a Mesa Dual Rec at the same time. Sounded great. (forgot his name)
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 22, 2008,
I plan to have ENGL powerball, MH1000, a 7stringer, digitech whammy, couple OD pedals, maybe a pocket pod or a ux2... we'll see, I am trying to get this shit by the end of this year lol
Vox AC30
Tokai Les Paul Custom
Yamaha SA 503 TVL
MI Audio Crunch Box
Big Muff

Shouldn't be to hard....
Page 1 of 4