I recently watched Bowling For Columbine and Sicko, and Mr Moore's documentaries seemed good, funny and accurate. but then

Linkin Park sounded good the first time i heard them.

i just want to ask, for the more informed out there, do the Moore documentaries speak the truth?
Funny: Sort of.

Annoying: Yes.

I just don't like him as a person...
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Depends. The footage he uses isn't, technically speaking, staged. But there's a huge amount of cutting and editing which makes people often appear to say things completely seperate to what they meant. A lot of information is left out to bias Moore's points in a specific direction.

Example in point-Heston's NRA speech.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
Depends. The footage he uses isn't, technically speaking, staged. But there's a huge amount of cutting and editing which makes people often appear to say things completely seperate to what they meant. A lot of information is left out to bias Moore's points in a specific direction.

Example in point-Heston's NRA speech.

i suspected that it was more omissive lying, yes.

could you elaborate on the NRA thing?
Moore's central point in that whole section was 'look how awful the NRA are, they held a rally straight after Columbine and Heston made a speech about how great guns are!' A couple of things he left out:

1. The footage shown of Heston's speech was 5 sentences cut from a 5-paragraph speech. The full version is available online and is very, very different to how Moore portrayed it. Most noticeably in the suggestion that Heston showed absolutely no sympathy to the victims of Columbine. Go read it and see what I mean.

2. Something which isn't mentioned is that the NRA cancelled every other rally they intended to hold that year in tribute to the Columbine victims. The one shown in the film was only held because the NRA were legally obliged to hold it in order to retain their charter as an organisation.

If you're wondering I consider myself extremely liberal, but I don't want my politics to be corrupted by what is essentially a load of lies.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
michael moore is a fat, opiniated bigot.

Hes uses lots of tricks to display his opinion as the only possible truth. I dont like him.
Bah, everyone who is trying to come with a message will distort it in some way, this applies to people like Micheal Moore, politicians, missionaries, basically anyone who is trying to bring out a message coming from either a group of fanatics, a single person, or a tightly knit group. The best way to get the truth is to seek it yourself, rather then having a cut down version, biased version of it handed to you.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
I've only seen a couple of his documentary's, I have to admit he is veeeery biased, but if you just consentrate on the facts he states, it's pretty interesting. I also read his book "stupid white men" which is far more interesting and exciting than any of his documentarys