Hey guys my current guitar is a white rg350. I got it about 5 months ago and just finally got a 'perfect' set-up today except for a few things the whammy bar knocks into the volume knob when it hang freely, so im going to put the 'top hats' on (strat style knob) to eliminate this problem, but also the whammy bar hits the pickup selector when it is in any position besides the neck and bridge.

So i was thinking about changing the scratch plate as it may re-position the selector. But at the same time i want to change the visuals a tad, something more unique i guess.

I'm thinking changing the scratch plate to a red or black color with the same ermmm ... shiny? finish to it. thats IF i can find one (can you order them in?) tell me what you guys think of the red/black.

The last thing is this, this is my first floyd rose so its all still pretty new for me seeing as this guitar is fairly new. Would i have to remove all the strings to change the scratch plate thus screwing my new set up?

TY!
Attachments:
rg350.jpg
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
you may be able to pull the pickguard up and slide it out from under the strings but i would just remove strings and trem springs.
you can change the height of the bar to stop it bumping into stuff, turn the guitar over, and theres a little dound hole in the plastic trem cavity cover tighten that till its above them

http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/ this is a great site for scratchplates UK based tho

yeah would be far easier to remove the strings unless you undid all pickups dials etc so they were inside the guitar then slid it out
it wont ruin your setup and the guitar is still setup the same but its not reccommended to remove all teh strings on a floy rose style bridge
Quote by symanoy
you can change the height of the bar to stop it bumping into stuff, turn the guitar over, and theres a little round hole in the plastic trem cavity cover tighten that till its above them

this

+12108321