Hi!

First off I just want to say I've been playing for 2 years and finally got my hands on a real guitar. I bought a MIM fat strat and so far I'm really enjoying. Although I have a question. I'm looking for some better pickups. For the bridge pickup I'm looking at the DiMarzio DP159. Is this a smart choice? Also what single coil pickups would be good?

I play rock but I also want a nice clean tone out of the single coils. Any help would be grateful. Thanks.
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm...it's debatable whether a pickup change will make a massive difference, certainly I don't think it'll make the kind of difference you're thinking it will.

Why is it you don't like about the sound currently and how do you want it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

The current ones sound fine to be honest. I'm really more concerned about the humbucker. I want something more heavy and distorted sounding.
That's honestly got far more to do with the amp than the pickups, I realy don't think it'll be worth your while because changing pickups isn't going to achieve what you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Yeah. The amps distortion sounds fine but I want a little more out of it. Maybe I should invest in a Boss DS1?
no, get something other than a ds1. i have a hateful relationship with mine. essentially, one day i got so frusterated i smashed the sucker with a hammer. still sounds the same (shitty)
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by janderson91z
Yeah. The amps distortion sounds fine but I want a little more out of it. Maybe I should invest in a Boss DS1?

Buy an EQ pedal - a DS1 isn't going to offer you anything you don't already have and you won't get great results trying to layer an outboard distortion over the amps models.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc